Applications are open for the Stanford Longevity Design Challenge 2021-2022. The applications are open for all and the deadline is 2nd December 2021.
Longer lives are a defining trend of the 21st Century. The Stanford Center on Longevity invites university students to design solutions for people of all ages.
Theme of Stanford Longevity Design Challenge 2021-2022
“Longevity-Ready Environments: Rethinking Physical Spaces for Century-Long Lives”
Successful aging is in part the result of the cumulative effects of years of interaction with the physical environment. Making communities longevity-ready for everyone means recognizing the way our environment affects well-being at all ages in the context of a 100-year life. Starting even before birth, environmental factors such as air quality, availability of well-designed outdoor spaces and transit options, living conditions, and toxin exposure affect our physical and mental health. These factors are also pathways by which inequality affects physical health – environmental quality is often worse for children and adults of lower socioeconomic status, leading to poorer health as they age.
This year, students are challenged to examine the physical environments in their communities and identify opportunities to design for an environment that better supports long lives.
What Kinds of Designs are Included?
Students are encouraged to consider all aspects of their physical environments including public spaces, indoor spaces, and urban design. Designs might target:
- Outdoor and green spaces
- Airborne pollutants and household toxins
- Mitigation of weather extremes (e.g., heat mitigation) and climate change
- Public infrastructure, including housing and transportation
- Moving toward sustainable cities
- Energy consumption reductions
Application Procedure for Stanford Longevity Design Challenge 2021-2022
- Create a design for a product, service, or program that addresses the Challenge topic.
- Submit your design online any time between September 13 and December 2, 2021.
- 6-8 Finalist teams will be announced on January 26, 2022.
- Finalists will be awarded $1,000 USD to help with prototyping and finals preparation.
- Finalists will be reimbursed (limited amount) for travel to Stanford to present in April 2022 (conditions permitting).
- Grand prizes will be awarded (1st place: $10,000 USD, 2nd place: $5,000 USD, 3rd place: $2,000 USD)*.
*All prizes are subject to 30% US federal tax withholding and 7% state withholding (if payment exceeds $1,500).
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.