Job at ARC : Site Manager (Deadline: 12 May 2017)
ARC is looking for efficient and qualified person to fill up the following position in our organization
POSITION TITLE: Site Manager
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION: As Assigned – Refugee Camps, Rwanda
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Program Coordinator
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Includes Logistics Coordinator, Admin/Finance Assistant, Livelihoods and Economic Recovery Coordinator, WASH/Construction Coordinator/s, and Health Coordinator
DATE: May 2017
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) Rwanda is a nonproﬁt, nonsectarian humanitarian relief organization, with operations in Rwanda since 1994. The overall goal of ARC Rwanda program is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from Congo and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery, currently in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Site Manager provides leadership to ensure the smooth functioning of all ARC activities in the appointed refugee camp and surrounding host community. S/he is responsible for the effective planning, organizing, implementation and reporting for all program, operations and logistics, security, financial and human resources for the assigned Site. Doubling as ARC official representative at Site level, the Site Manager supervises a team of technical staff based at Site level, and works closely and with support of respective heads of functional and technical units of the country office.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management & Development
- Responsible for effective implementation of all sector activities at Site level in line with ARC program requirements, program agreements and contracts.
- Ensure timely and efficient development and implementation of project work plans and activity plans
- Liaise with the ARC Rwanda senior staff and unit leads for effective Site operations and programs planning, including compliance and efficient utilization of all resources
- Represent ARC in coordination and planning meetings at the local level and when necessary at central level if required.
- Liaise with local authorities, donors, refugee leaders, and stakeholders at camp level
- Maintain adherence to sector/national standards in programming, finance, HR and operations at the site level
- Serve as the lead for Security and safety at Site level, as guided by ARC Rwanda Safety and Security guide.
Program Quality & Reporting
- Provide leadership, supervision, and strategy for Site level implementation of adequate monitoring and evaluation of program activities and results.
- Support Sector Coordinators and program quality advisor in evaluations, surveys, and provision of relevant data and reports.
- Supervise, coordinate, and deliver timely and quality Site level narrative reports for ARC Rwanda head office and others as required and take the lead in maintaining accurate monitoring & evaluation. This includes internal monthly reports, weekly updates and program reports as set out by ARC or program agreements.
- Support Sector Coordinators in providing the program quality advisor with all relevant support and information for the ARC Rwanda database and ongoing performance reporting.
- Participate in the development of new programs or expansion of existing programs or initiatives.
Program Learning and Communications
- Support in documenting lessons learned from project implementation, consolidating additional information from Sector Coordinators
- Contribute regularly to the communications department with content: articles, photos, etc.
- Provide all relevant documents and reports for the country performance reporting, and hard as well as electronic filing.
- Maintain close and regular communications with the Senior Program Coordinator on program activity implementation and communications with donors and local authorities
- Conduct regular spot-check and audits of Site level programs/operations/HR/finance to establish and maintain compliance with standards, rules, and policies.
Operations, Logistics & Administration
- Provide oversight on all financial and administrative matters in collaboration with Finance, and HR units.
- Provide oversight and ensure performance of all supply chain management at camp level with support from Logistics department including the procurement process, delivery of supplies, accounting of physical assets, inventory and stock management of all ARC equipment, property, vehicles and furnishings
- Act as security focal point for the camp and surrounding area and report any incidents to the Country Director as provided for in the Incident reporting guide.
- Manage and supervise all human resources in the camp with support from the HR department
- Support/strengthen the relationship between Site Sector Coordinators and Technical Advisors.
- Coordinate site staff through regular meetings, performance evaluations, and performance planning
- Work closely together with the HR department to carry out regular competence and skills gap analysis
- Provide or source technical assistance and capacity building (in collaboration with HR department) for field staff
General Areas of responsibility
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Program Coordinator and/or Country Director
- Promote the mission and organizational values of ARC and ensure that these are reflected within the areas of responsibility.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Management, Development, International Relations, Project Management, Social Sciences or any related field from a renowned University required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings, including refugees, returnees, displaced, vulnerable and/or conflict affected populations
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing development/relief programs at a senior level
- Previous international work and life experience outside of Rwanda is highly desirable
- Experience in management of staff is required
- Experience in operations and logistics management including supply chain management is preferable
- Experience and/or knowledge of market based approaches to development and economic recovery programming (micro-finance, livelihoods, building in camp economies, business development services etc.) a plus
- Good technical knowledge of camp management in the following programming sectors preferred: health and nutrition, food security, HIV/AIDS, shelter and infrastructures, WASH
- Familiarity with private, US government and multilateral donors
- High proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English. Fluency in French and Kinyarwanda preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in the use of computers and standard applications: Word and Excel etc.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently
- Strong intercultural skills and high tolerance to uncertainty required
- Diplomatic skills and strong abilities to manage staff, to resolve conflicts and build relations with governmental partners and other stakeholders
- Participatory team leadership with capacity to listen, mobilize, inspire and motivate.
- Capacity for effective planning and management, including of risks and concern areas
- Strong project and results based management skills
- Strong work ethics. Appetite for transparency and accountability
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Capacity to work independently in a fast paced environment and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in rural, low resource and isolated areas of Rwanda
To apply for this position: Submission of applications – to include Cover letter and updated CV (maximum three pages) – shall be either hand delivered to
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement- Site Manager in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 12th May, 2017 at 17:00hrs
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.