Job at East African Community: Trade Officer – Internal Trade Information (Deadline: 21 July 2017)
Trade Officer – Internal Trade Information
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, , Republic of South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
To compile, analyse and disseminate EAC trade data through preparation of EAC Annual Trade reports plus uploading and managing trade data in the EAC Trade Help Desk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile, analyze and disseminate EAC Trade data through coordination of the preparation of EAC Annual Trade and Investment Reports to feed into the Trade Help Desk;
- Analyze trade flows within the region and suggest ways of improving trade;
- Manage the EAC Trade Help Desk/Trade Portal and upload trade data into the system for use by Policy Makers and Researchers;
- Train Partner States’ officials on the use of EAC Trade Help Desk and uploading of data;
- Assist in preparation of the Departmental and Directorate annual budget;
- Facilitate and offer technical guidance on areas of Internal Trade in meetings including preparation and presentation of reports for the meetings;
- Following up on implementation of Council Directives/Decisions and prepare progress and annual reports;
- Assisting in Resource Mobilization for operationalization of the EAC Trade Help Desk;
- Helping in the management of the Partner States trade portals and harmonizing them with the EAC Trade Help Desk/Portal.
- Work closely with the other ICT and Information-related departments in the Secretariat and Partner States to promote trade for the EAC.
- Undertake any other related official duties assigned by supervisors from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Law, Business Administration, International Trade, or related field.
Masters’ Degree and a Specialized training in the field of trade data analysis will be an added advantage.
Must have 5 years relevant experience in data collection, analysis and reporting, preparation of Trade reports.
Skills and Competencies:
Possession of quantitative analytical skills, proficiency in the use of Computers (Information Technology (IT) skills) and ability to provide clear and objective advice and recommendations; Strong communication skills, Knowledge of trade policy issues and regional integration; Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Applicants from all Six Partner States are eligible to apply for this position under East African Community – Secretariat.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
Friday, 21 July 2017 – 5:00pm