Job at ICRC: 10 Light vehicle driver positions available (Deadline: 05 May 2017)
Light vehicle driver (10)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral and independent organisation has been permanently present in Rwanda since 1990. The ICRC is looking for ten (10) temporary drivers who have the basic skills needed to accurately drive, safely and technically operate a vehicle, and can adjust to the driving environment as well as demonstrate eagerness and motivation.
- Being of Rwandan nationality
- Secondary school or vocational school Level A3
- Driving license categories B and D for at least 5 years
- 4 years experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of the French language and knowledge of the English language
- Very good geographical knowledge of Rwanda and the region
- Knowledge of the use of 4×4 vehicles and how to use the radio HF / VHF
Duties and responsibilities
- Drives ICRC’s light vehicles by strictly following internal safety rules and national rules;
- Transportation of persons and/ or equipment;
- Vehicles cleaning after use;
- Transports the material in accordance with the logistic rules;
- Inspection of the assigned light vehicle equipment, ensure that fuel is checked and that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Assistance with light vehicle loading/ unloading;
- Carries out necessary mechanical checks (oil, tire condition, etc.);
- Ensures tool control, emergency kit, are in place, complete and sealed when the light vehicle is picked up;
- Drives the light vehicle in accordance with the applicable Highway Code. Adapts its speed according to the condition of the road, its loading and the approach of the populations;
- Respects the ICRC’s safety guidelines; and;
- Ensures that the traffic documentation is in the light vehicle (insurance card, road sticker/ technical inspection, registration card, and the discharge form).
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application clearly titled “Light driver” (including C.V. written in English and copies of certificates) at latest Friday 5thMay 2017, exclusively by email to the following address: [email protected].
Please note that only candidates selected for further tests and interviews will be
contacted. Application files not retained will not be returned.