Job at Kenya Commercial Bank :Senior Manager, Central Operations (Dealdine: 31 May 2017)
This role exists to manage and coordinate all activities relating to Central Operations to obtain process efficiency and accuracy. The role is responsible for achieving and exceeding the various TAT, efficiency and accuracy targets as set out in the respective SLA’s.
- Provide leadership to the Central Operations team to process transactions on behalf of the bank’s business and support functions within set SLAs
- Ensure that the bank participates in the Clearing House activities daily
- Preparation of Central Operations reports and submission timely to Finance dept., Business Units and regulatory institutions (Central Bank, RRA, CRB, etc.)
- Ensure that all policies and procedures relating to Central Operations are documented and always adhered to
- Support business units in product rollout in so far as the required support falls under Central Operations.
- Liaison for all KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd Correspondent Banks and like partners
- Maintain and track a log for resolution of all Central Operations systems and Operational challenges
- Verify and authorize Central Operations transactions in line with the set authorization limits
- Provide technical support to branches and other business units for all matters relating to Trade Finance, SWIFT and clearing transactions.
- Reconciliation of all the bank’s suspense accounts, especially those that relate to central and shared services
- Manage resources within the unit, with direct leadership and management responsibility for:
- Clearing Operations
- FX, Trade & TBO
- Account Services
- Deputize the Head of Operations & Logistics in all matters relating Central Operations as concerns the bank’s stakeholders
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following minimum requirements:
- A Bachelors’ degree from a recognized institution in a business or social sciences related field. Professional qualifications and/or a Business-related Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- 6 years’ experience in Banking with at least 2 years’ experience in banking operations, trade services, treasury operations and clearing operations respectively. In addition, the applicant must have at least 3 years’ experience in managerial duties
- Demonstrable leadership skills and strong governance awareness.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to network and develop internal and external business relationships.
- Sound knowledge of laws and Central Bank regulations governing Banking Central Operations.
- Must be a highly organized individual.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 31st May 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: [email protected]