One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. We are seeking a detail-oriented professional, with excellent people skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn to join our People Operations team (POPS) to help provide our staff with exceptional service, benefits, and support.
The People Operations Associate will join our Global People Operations team to provide support in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Benefits Administration and Support: The People Operations Associate will take the lead in ensuring that new and current staffers understand, have access to, and utilize our full suite of benefits, including many exciting benefits unique to One Acre Fund. This will include:
- Benefits enrollment and administration.
- Developing communications materials, conducting information sessions, communicating with staff worldwide via email and phone to answer benefits questions, and other benefit outreach and staff support.
- Conducting research to help keep us up-to-date with relevant regulations and compliance requirements.
- As we create new policies, playing a key support role in conducting research to help us improve, enhance, and upgrade all benefits.
- Reimbursements and Payroll: Responsibilities include reviewing, analyzing and processing benefit-related reimbursement and expense requests as well as assisting with US and international staff payroll.
- Onboarding: The People Operations Associate will help onboard 100+ staff members each year posted in more than a half dozen countries worldwide. Working closely with other members of the POPS team, tasks will include onboarding new staff in our HRIS, the quick submission of new hire paperwork, and communicating with new staff regarding policies, benefits, etc.
- Customer Service: The POPS team is responsible for quickly responding to a variety of HR-related inquiries from our staffers around the world. This team member will have the opportunity to connect with staff members in our different countries of operation by supporting their HR needs.
- Special Projects: The People Associate will have the opportunity to lead and support various special projects specific to the People Support team. These projects will offer the People Associate the opportunity to further the key objectives of the team and organization. Accordingly, the scope of any potential projects will depend on the specific needs of the team and organization.
- Start-Up Tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic staff member who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately and who has the flexibility and willingness to take on any People Operations task or project that arises.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking a professional ideally with 2 or more years of experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Passion for people operations: We are looking for candidates who are truly passionate about providing outstanding support to our staff.
- Detail-oriented and organized: Strong data entry skills and previous data entry experience is necessary for succeeding in this role.
- Previous experience conducting research and summarizing key findings clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple time sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Interest in gaining HR experience or the opportunity to expand HR related skills. Successful applicants will be able to administer and assist in the following areas: HR information systems; benefits administration; payroll and expense reimbursements; HR policy creation and administration; new staff hiring; and HR customer service.
- Team player. We are looking for candidates that are not only ready to join and contribute to the POPS team, but who are also willing to support and build relationships with One Acre Fund staff.
- Strong leadership experiences at work, or outside of work.
- Strong academic background.
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, flexibility, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required.
Health insurance, 401k contributions, flexible work environment.
Willing to sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply
See the full job description and application details on our:
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.