Job at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) : Monitoring Assistant G5 (Karongi) (86679) (Deadline: 22 August 2018)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
WFP is looking for a qualified and dynamic person to fill the position of Monitoring Assistant to oversee cash, food and nutrition assistance in Kiziba refugee camp.
Under the overall supervion of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Monitor the planned movements and distribution of cash and food, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Collect and summarize data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
- Collect weekly market prices of food commodities to inform the value of food basket allocated to refugees.
- Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of an undergraduate degree in the related functional area..
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English or French). The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
Experience: At least five years of progressively work experience including at least three years in the field of programme operations
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records.
- Ability to communicate in a team with people from different nationalities, cultural and ethic backgrounds, ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Experience in handling sensitive issues with discretion.
- Good analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions and to prepare written reports in timely manner.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility: To be Rwandan national or possess a valid permit to live and work in Rwanda
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Contract (FTA), GS-5
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.