Job at VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) : Educational trainers (Deadline: 24 January 2019 )
VVOB – education for development in Rwanda is recruiting
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers.
VVOB is currently looking for two Educational Trainers to strengthen our team of facilitators. The Educational Trainers will be actively involved in the facilitation of the CPD Diploma Programme in Effective School leadership in secondary education. (S)he reports directly to the Education Manager.
An Educational Trainers facilitates the efficient implementation of the programme objectives and activities on school leadership. (S)he participates in the training of trainers (TOT) course with current trainers and subject matter experts.
More specifically, (S)he takes the lead in:
- Providing guidance and support to head teachers and deputy head teachers on school leadership;
- Facilitating sessions in the CPD Diploma Programme for Effective School Leadership utilizing active facilitation methods and apply adult learning principles;
- Providing technical advice by determining needs, progress of training and suggest improvements or adjustment;
In addition, (S)he:
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for trainings;
- Constructively works with other trainers, Education Advisors and the Education Manager;
- Provides the report of training sessions immediately after training;
- Assesses and mark student’s assignments and give constructive feedbacks as required.
- Master’s degree in education leadership, planning, curriculum development/school leadership;
- Min. 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of training and learning materials;
- Willing to facilitate trainings during weekends (Saturday and Sunday);
- Willing to travel within Rwanda;
- Familiar with use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Understanding of the Rwandan education system and recent evolutions in educational leadership;
- Familiar with learner-centred pedagogy;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender and inclusiveness in education is an asset;
- Teaching in higher education institution.
Contract type: Part time, One-year renewable
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
Location: Various locations in Rwanda
Start date: 31 January
How to apply
Electronic application Only. Please submit a motivation letter and a current CV addressed to VVOB Programme Manager at [email protected] not later than Thursday 24 January at 5PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact [email protected].
16 January, 2019