19 Job Positions at Nyamasheke District (Deadline: 7 February 2018)
Job at Nyamasheke District : 2 Forest Mobilisor (Deadline: 07 February 2018)
– Elaborate a local strategy on animal resources, monitor its implementation at Sector level and produce consolidated reports thereof;
– Organize, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, trainings and public awareness campaigns meant to disseminate new livestock technologies among beneficiaries;
– Supervise the identification and mapping of animal diseases prevailing at the Sector level and advise on the preventive and reactive measures across the District;
– Supervise the distribution of veterinary inputs (including carrying out artificial insemination) and improvement of animal breeds;
– Maintain an updated database of associations, cooperatives and individuals involved in animal rearing, fishing activities registered in the District;
– Supervise the implementation of programs meant for improving commercialization outlets for animal products including their certification.
– Elaborate the District’s strategy on forests and natural resources, monitor its implementation across Sectors and produce consolidated reports thereof;
– Organize, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders, trainings and public awareness campaigns meant to disseminate new forestry technologies among beneficiaries;
– Supervise the identification and mapping of forest diseases, reforestation and forests protection needs, vulgarization and valorization of trees and forests at the sector level and advise on the preventive and reactive measures across the District;
– Inspect whether mining and forests harvesting practices comply with the applicable regulations and standards;
– Maintain an updated database of forests and natural resources operators within the District, analyze the impact of their work on sustainable local development and advise the District accordingly.
A2 or A1 in Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Natural Sciences, Geography, Botany, Agroforestry, Agriculture
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive Knowledge in Forestry and Natural Resources
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Complex Problem Solving;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
Job at Nyamasheke District : Water and Sanitation Officer (Deadline: 07 February 2018)
– Elaborate and supervise the implementation of strategies and mobilization mechanisms of local population for the construction and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities and promote the rational use of water;
– Develop, vulgarize and inspect the implementation of a local action plan for used water treatment, liquid waste management, rainwater capturing and organic waste recovery across the District;
– Develop investment plans and mobilize the private sector and other stakeholders to invest in water and sanitation activities.
A0 in Water and Sanitation, Natural Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences, Water Management, Hygiene
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge in Water and Sanitation
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Quantitative and analytic skills
– Ability to manage priorities and be detail
– orientated within a dynamic, fast
– paced environment
– Work in a team environment to determine and or review ideas to find solutions to problems.
– Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high
– level of efficiency and still upholding a team mentality
Job at Nyamasheke District : 15 Positions for Dasso Level 1 (Deadline: 07 February 2018)
DASSO shall have the following main responsibilities :
1° to support District authorities to enforce their decisions and instructions that were taken in connection with security;
2° to collaborate with other organs to ensure public order in the District;
3° to arrest any person caught red
– handed in the act of disruption of public order and take him/her to the nearest police station ;
4° to inform the nearest administrative organs of anything which in its opinion represents a threat to safety;
5° to assist other security organs if necessary;
6° to collaborate with other organs in the prevention and control of disasters in the District.