2 Job Positions at IPRC Kigali: Students discipline officer (Deadline: 22 August 2018)
1.Works with the Student Affairs staff, student groups and other members of the institution in developing extracurricular programming assuring integration with the academic life of the institution and encouraging student personal growth and development
2.Offer counseling to students especially those with psychosocial problems
3.Gather and give appropriate information on key issues like HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, psychosocial tests, etc.
4.Follow up and address all issues pertaining to students’ behavior and report to relevant authorities whenever necessary
5.Implement and enforce the school discipline policy and school rules;
6. Work in collaboration with other functional teams and/or subject teachers in running preventive and developmental programmes pertaining to student discipline upon arriving at a consensus on discipline work; to assist other teachers in managing students with serious behaviour problems;
7.Collaborate with parents of students with behavior problems in helping the students overcome their difficulties
8. Take the lead in conducting investigation of complaints from students, parents, teachers and the public
9.Review the school discipline policy, school rules and the work of the school discipline team and make changes according to the needs of the students, the school and the community
10.perform any other task assigned by his/her supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology
Key technical skills and knowledge:
– Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
– Very good communication, written (especially recordkeeping as relates to investigations &
student discipline) and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
– Knowledge of and commitment to the community college concept.
– Good leadership and human relations skills.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
– Strong problem solving and decision
– making skills.
– Ability to use Microsoft Office suite i.e. Word, Power point, etc.
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English or French