3 Job Positions at One& Only Nyungwe House (Deadline: 05 August 2018)
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description – Drivers
1. POSITION Details
- Position Drivers
- Level Colleague
- Department Front Office
- Reports to Front Office Manager
- Subordinates None
2 JOB Details & Requirements
Responsible for driving the hotel limousines and take guests, executives or dignitaries to their destination safely and efficiently. Duties include providing navigational skills in reading maps and avoiding traffic-laden areas, and ensuring guests are taken cared of while in journey to their destinations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all resorts rules and regulations as per service standards policies and procedures.
- Must be fully aware of the Resort emergency procedures.
- Adhere on the grooming policy with no fail.
- To be up-to-date on the Departmental Revenue targets and be a team player towards achieving set goals.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of Resort’s products and to be able to maximise revenue by capturing all opportunities.
- Promote the Resort and other departmental products to increase the overall revenue.
- Notify appropriate Colleagues for any vehicle maintenance needed.
- Ensure to have an excellent product knowledge about the Resort.
- Treat internal and external guests fairly to develop and maintain positive working relationship. Extend utmost courtesy to every guests and Colleagues within the workplace.
- Engage with guests and encourage feedbacks of the stay or areas for improvement to help achieve JD power and Mystery Shopper targets.
- Document all vehicle incidents (e.g. damages, accidents) and provide reports of incidents to Front Office Manager.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to Front Office Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information such as guest’s data or in any information that needs to be confidential in nature to protect the company.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Transport guests to/from Airport using property vehicle or any other destinations the guests have requested as per their reservation.
- To ensure all check-lists are completed on every shift.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Front Office Manager.
- Ascertain guests’ needs while in transit are met efficiently and effectively from limousine amenities such as magazine, water to vehicles air conditioning including music sound system that is up to guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all guests luggage are accounted and loaded to the vehicle prior to departure from the pick up point.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Need to hold a valid local Driving License and be well knowledgeable with Rwanda’s traffic laws.
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
- Must be willing to learn and skilled to perform the job of a Driver.
- Any job experience in the Hospitality sector and Front Office/Transportation department in a resort environment (preferable five star) is a valuable addition.
- Ability to lift heavy objects to complete duties and guest requests.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to have strong guest-oriented services and communication skills.
3 CORE VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 FUNCTIONAL competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
- I present a professional and appropriate manner
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my superiors
- I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment