5 Job Positions at Rwanda Bio Medical Center (Deadline: 26 February 2018)
Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Head of Central Secretariat (Deadline: 26 February 2018)
Assist the Director of Unit in secretariat matters by supervising the following tasks:
– Receive visitors, orient them and provide answers to their questions;
– Receive, record and channel mails received and see if the latter are accorded the appropriate reaction and timely.
– Ensure that the out
– going mails are dispatched ;
– Ensure that all correspondences are filed and that related documentation is properly done ;
– Maintain up
– date all the records of mails ;
– Render support to the entire Secretariat team of the RBC in all matters related thereof.
– Delivers comprehensive evaluation of direct reports complete with development plans followed up by active coaching; ensures that staff under him/her are evaluated and developed
In collaboration with Administrative Assistants in Division/Department/PDDG/DG ensure that the courier system is well management.
Associate Degree (A1) in Secretariat, Office Management or Bachelors Degree in Administrative Science, Public Administration, Management/specialized in office management (C).
Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director of Center for Blood Transfusion Unit Kigali (Deadline: 26 February 2018 )
? Implement strategies of blood donation promotion within the RCBT catchment area
? Ensure the execution of blood collection activities in accordance with established plan
? Ensure a steady supply of Blood and Blood products to transfusing health facilities in RCBT area
? Ensure the rational Blood utilization in transfusing facilities
? Assess and advise on management of adverse donor and transfusion reactions.
? Ensure validation of all serology and immuno
– hematology results
? Review and approve blood donor results prior to notification
? Ensure validation of all blood units prior to being used for transfusion
? Participate in development and approval of policies, processes and procedures
? Ensure the implementation of the NCBT QMS in the RCBT daily operations
? Approve exceptions to policy, processes and procedures on a case
– case basis
? Coordinate continual improvement initiatives within the RCBT
? Analyze and report data on key performance indicators
– actively identify strategies aiming at safe adequate and effective blood.
? Participate in NCBT strategic and operational planning activities
? Serve as contact person of NCBT in the RCBT catchment area
? Coach staff to develop their skills and promote team
– work among RCBT staff.
? Ensure alignment of documents with up
– date best practices.
? Ensure regular Training of both RCBT and Hospital staff as regards to the best Blood transfusion practices
Bachelor’s Degree in General Medicine (A0). Masters Degree in transfusion medicine, Hematology or Immunology is an added advantage.
A requirement of working experience of 3 years in health facility management and Comprehensive knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to Blood Service
Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director of NTDs Unit (Deadline:26 February 2018)
– • Prevention, Control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda.
o Preparation, review, and adjustment of NTD operational plans
o Lead and coordinate implementation of technical activities for prevention, control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda;
o Coordinate the implementation of elimination strategies, monitor and evaluate the progress of elimination of Soil Transmitted Helminthiasis, Lymphatic filariasis, Schistosomiasis and other NTDs in endemic areas;
o Lead the organization and implementation of Mass Drug Administration (MDA/Deworming) in the country
• Monitor and evaluate the progress of control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda.
o Monitoring and Evaluation of activities through participation in establishing and maintaining NTD project, design of surveys, and providing specific guidance;
o Promote NTD research and ensure NTD interventions are evidence based;
o Facilitate communication, promotion and coordination between the technical teams and other partners;
o Publish articles on NTD case management best practice in national and international newspapers.
• Ensure the sustainability of impact.
o Strengthen the country capacity and effective inter
– country collaboration on surveillance and response for neglected tropical diseases and other parasitic diseases.
o Ensure the integration of NTD activities with other programs at all health systems levels in Rwanda;
o Strengthen capacity building of NTD and OPD Unit staff and other health professionals involved in NTD and OPD countrywide
• Ensure availability of medicines for NTDs and Other parasitic diseases
o By collaboration with other health institutions and partners ensure the availability of medicines for NTD and Other parasitic diseases and consumables.
o Lead the quantification and procurement of medicines for NTD and Other parasitic diseases and other consumables.
Bachelor degree in General Medicine with a master degree in epidemiology field; work experience of not less than 3 years in vector borne diseases program management.
Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director Avian Flu & Other Highly Pathogenic Diseases Unit (Deadline: 26 February 2018)
• Responsible for the coordination, and oversees the implementation of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases surveillance/outbreak response, prevention and control in the country.
• Under this mandate, he is responsible for:
• Supervising sentinel sites to ensure appropriate implementation of surveillance activities and adherence to the protocols, including provision of Feedback.
• Identifying needs and priorities for the influenza program
• Conduct scientific studies and disseminating results and overseeing Influenza Publications Coordinating and ensuring participation in National, Regional and International meetings, conferences and for a on Avian Influenza and Pandemic Influenza prevention, control and Treatment.
• Planning, organizing and implementing intervention Activities in case of Outbreaks of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases.
• Managing (developing and updating) Influenza documentation and other highly pathogenic diseases including reports
• Establish and sustain epidemiological and virological surveillance networks for influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases in Rwanda
• Contribute to data collection, analysis to provide evidence based on disease burden to guide prevention and control measures
• Delivers comprehensive evaluation of direct reports complete with development plans followed up by active coaching; ensures that staff under him/her are evaluated and developed
Medical Doctor (A0 in medicine) or Master degree in Epidemiology/Public health, with a work experience of 3 years in field epidemiology works.
Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director of External Quality Assurance and Control Unit (Deadline: 26 February 2018)
• Develop and review laboratory quality management system documents
o Plan for document development & revision when applicable;
o Coordinate the ddevelopment of manuals, policies, SOPs, forms and guidelines;
o Coordinate the revision and maintenance of manuals, policies, SOPs, forms and guidelines;
o Ensure the current versions of documents are distributed and accessible to lab staff for their use.
o Review/ develop laboratory quality and technical documents.
o Transfer to staff the skills related to quality documents development/ revision and its implementation
• Implement the Quality management system to Improve the lab quality management system towards accreditation
o Assist NRL to strengthen/implement international and national External Quality Control (EQA);
o Oversee the implementation of quality management system documents;
o Oversee the implementation of EQA by units and sections;
o Strengthen the Stepwise Laboratory Quality Improvement Process Towards Accreditation (SLIPTA) including the Quality Management System (QMS), safety and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) in Rwanda laboratory network;
o Ensure internal and external audits for the laboratory quality are implemented to monitor the laboratory quality management system;
o Ensure lab quality improvement projects such as trainings, mentorships and assessments towards quality improvement and accreditation in the lab network including safety trainings, GLP trainings and SLMTA (strengthening laboratory management towards Accreditation) trainings.
• Assure the quality of pre analytical, analytical and post analytical phases of the lab process
o Support NRL to establish a sustainable transportation system of biological specimens within Rwanda laboratory network;
o Oversee the sample reception, checking, logging and dispatching to testing sections;
o In collaboration with other Directors of units, oversee the implementation of results validation before they are released to ensure quality results.
• Ensure good relations and render full cooperation with other laboratory sections and units relevant to NRL Division’s operations
o Work closely with NRL main partners, senior staff and the direction
o Participate in planned general meetings, activity progress reporting, self
– assessment and evaluation based on the approved action plan.
o Periodically report to the NRL Division Manager as applicable.
• Participate in Operational/collaborative research and innovations for specific intervention of identified problems
o Actively getting involved in scientific writing/ publications, research seminars/ workshop, scientific presentations at conference as applicable;
• Any other function or activities provided by immediate supervisor related to job competencies
Medical Doctor with a Master’s Degree in Public Health
Working experience of 3 years as medical practitioner especially as quality assurance officer
Knowledge in developing lab quality management system documents.