Job at Benyan Global : Social Inclusion Director (Deadline: 08 August 2017)
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world, is recruiting a Social Inclusion Director for an anticipated USAID-funded economic strengthening project in Rwanda. The project aims to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment at a higher wage for Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other low income economic activities.
- Provide overall management and leadership related to gender integration, youth integration, work with vulnerable populations, and other issues related to social inclusion.
- Conduct a gender and social inclusion analysis, produce a gender and social inclusion strategy for the project, and monitor progress against that strategy.
- Lead collaborative relationships with other stakeholders focused on gender and social inclusion, including the relevant divisions within the Government of Rwanda, as well development projects.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team to track, analyze and interpret performance data for gender and social inclusion lessons and insights.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to project staff on gender and social inclusion analysis and activity implementation.
- Advanced degree in gender studies, economics, international development, or other related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the areas of gender equality, women’s empowerment, youth empowerment, and/or working with vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated experience working on gender and social inclusion analyses and assessments, in Rwanda specifically, or sub-Saharan Africa broadly
- Demonstrated representational skills in managing relationships with government, civil society organizations, donors, and national/international NGOs
- Excellent project management, communication, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Please no phone calls.