Job at Chemonics : Grants/subcontracts manager l Feed the Future l Rwanda l 2019 (Deadline: 26 January 2019)
Chemonics seeks a grants/subcontracts manager for the anticipated Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity, funded by USAID. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The grants/subcontracts manager will support the development of strong, inclusive private sector ASF value chains, including improvements to livestock productivity and ASF markets. In addition, the grants/subcontracts manager will increase demand for ASF by designing and strengthening behavior change communication materials to promote ASF consumption, delivering relevant messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include empowering women, increasing youth employment, and engaging stakeholders in policy development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of five years of experience in grants/subcontracts and financial management with responsibilities like those outlined above, preferably with USAID or other donor-funded projects
- Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor subcontractors and grantees
- Record of succeeding and achieving reform results in dynamic, demanding, and structured environments
- Proven ability to work professionally, constructively, and collaboratively as part of a team; meet deadlines; communicate effectively; and deal with diverse partners in a challenging environment
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required; proficiency in French preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by January 26, 2019, through this link: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze_recruit_copy_1_copy_9. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.