Job at Chemonics : Social and behavior change researcher l Feed the Future l Rwanda l 2019 (Deadline: 26 January 2019)
Chemonics seeks a social and behavior change (SBC) researcher for the anticipated Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity, funded by USAID. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The SBC researcher will support the development of strong, inclusive private sector ASF value chains, including improvements to livestock productivity and ASF markets. In addition, the SBC researcher will increase demand for ASF by designing and strengthening behavior change communication materials to promote ASF consumption, delivering relevant messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include empowering women, increasing youth employment, and engaging stakeholders in policy development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in nutrition, food science, animal science, agriculture/agronomy, or a related field; master’s degree preferred
- At least three years of SBC experience related to nutrition, agriculture, and livelihoods
- Experience leading SBC strategy design and implementation
- Experience mentoring team members, preferably with an international NGO
- Experience with USAID or other donor–funded projects in Rwanda, ideally large multi-sectoral projects
- Demonstrated capacity to collect, analyze, and use data and information from a range of sources to ensure the effective development of SBC approaches, messages, and tools throughout the project’s implementation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required; proficiency in French preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by January 26, 2019, through this link: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze_recruit_copy_1_copy_6. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.