Job at CNFA: Driver (Deadline: 15 December 2017)
Feed the Future Rwanda HingaWeze
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda HingaWeze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholders farmers income, improve nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Main purpose of job:
Provide quality and defensive driving, and other support related to fleet management.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive Office staff and visitors on official missions as assigned
- Drive safely to ensure the safety of passengers and other road users
- Maintain the assigned vehicle in a safe, secure and good state of repair at all times
- Undertake routine checks on the vehicles including cooling oil, electrical and brake systems and the tyre pressure and report promptly to the Logistics Officer any malfunctioning
- Follow up vehicle in the garage as per instructions from the Transport Officer or Logistics Officer
- Complete KPIs for transport team as guided by your Line Manager (rotation with other drivers)
- Open and send Dip Bag as per calendar (task done on rotation basis in the team)
- Keep accurate records of official travel through the vehicle logs and prepare monthly reports showing travel, vehicle usage and status
- Providing routine office administration support including mails and parcels, VAT returns, Income tax for LE staff, filing
- Carry out any other duties assigned by management
Essential qualifications and experience
- Must have a valid Rwandan driving license
- Secondary School (desirable),
- Driving experience of a minimum of 5 years. 3-5 past working experience with USAID funded projects will be preferable.
- Must be able to communicate in English, French and Kinyarwanda (both written and spoken)
- Must be able to do basic mechanical check and repair of vehicles
- Qualified Candidates should submit online their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work experience, Copy of the driving license and other certificate/diploma and a copy of National Identification to Email: email@example.com.
- The deadline for submitting applications is on 15 December 2017 at 5pm local time. Applications should be addressed to the Chief of Party of the Hinga Weze Activity.