Job at CNFA : Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore (17 December 2017)
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries.
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- Master’s degree required in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including statistics, international development, economics or other
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working on the monitoring and evaluation team for donor funded projects; USAID-funded program(s) highly desirable
- Experience developing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write concise and clear reports
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience with or ability to learn to use data analytics software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, etc)
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
- Experience with business development services including finance for SMEs a plus
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at https://www.cnfa.org/job/monitoring-and-evaluation-specialist-rwanda-nguriza-nshore/. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.