Job at CNFA: Operations and Procurement Manager – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore (Deadline: 17 December 2017)
Operations and Procurement Manager – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries.
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for an Operations and Procurement Manager.
Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the day-to-day management of financial and operations processes, including accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting, as well as general financial administration, travel logistics, grants and cash management, and budgets is required;
- Experience procuring goods and services through subcontracts, blanket purchase agreements, and purchase orders, as well as managing vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualification lists is required;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Experience streamlining administrative processes and procedures for improved efficiency is a plus;
- Familiarity of USAID operations rules and regulations is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English is required, knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is strongly preferred
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at https://www.cnfa.org/job/operations-and-procurement-manager-rwanda-nguriza-nshore/. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.