Job at Education Development Trust: Procurement and Logistics officer (Deadline: 08 December 2017)
The Building Learning Foundations Programme (BLF) is funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development. The BLF, which will run up to March 2021, aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in all of Rwanda’s government primary schools. The BLF is being implemented across all thirty Districts and will benefit 2,494 schools and 24,940 English and Mathematics teachers. The Programme is being managed by a consortium of three internationally recognised leaders in the education sector, i.e. the Education Development Trust, the British Council and VSO.
Education Development Trust is looking for qualified and suitable person for the position of Procurement and Logistics Officer to support BLF programme.
The Procurement and Logistics officer’s main role is to coordinate all procurement and logistics activities for the BLF programme. The post holder will be expected to develop procurement plans for the project in liaison with the programme team, ensure proper services and goods delivery and reporting. He/she will also be responsible for fixed asset management and keep the asset register regularly updated as well as fleet management.
- Receive requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensure their completeness/ compliance before they are processed;
- Coordinate the collection of quotations/pro-forma’s and routes purchase requisitions into purchase orders;
- Ensure specifications are properly filled for goods and services requested;
- Prepare Purchase Orders for goods and services through Agresso and send them to suppliers;
- File the supporting documents on the appropriate file waiting for invoice and payment
- Under the supervision of the Programme manager, handle the daily purchasing duties, priorities outstanding purchases, advises delivery time lines, sources and/or delivery delays;
- Produce Procurement monthly/quarterly plans and reports
- Advise requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardisation, value for money and economy of scale;
- Prepare tender documents, receive/collect bids and with Procurement committee participate in Comparative Bid Analysis taking notes and reports outcome;
- Prepare tender awards and draft contracts and submits them to the programme Manager for approval and further endorsement or review;
- Identify suppliers and sources products, documents specifications, prices, lead times and other terms and conditions;
- Inform Department Heads and requestors pro-actively about delays and other problems in the supply chain.
- Ensure all vehicles are managed according to BLF policies & provide necessary reports
- Keep proper records of car(s) maintenance as per agreed schedule
- Guide and coordinate activities of driver(s) and authorise all trips
- Liaise with HR for coordination with incoming and outgoing travellers on pick up and drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans.
- Ensure that BLF Fixed Assets such as Vehicles, Office Equipment and Current Assets like Stocks, Fuel Vouchers and others are properly managed and are in safe custody.
- Assign inventory number to asset, maintain physical inventory and approve changes to physical inventory
- Produce a monthly updated asset register to the programme manager
The post holder will coordinate day to day procurement and logistics activities ensuring that services and products are offered on time and with expected quality.
The post holder will liaise closely with foundations team to ensure the support provided is on expected standards, time and timely inform them of any deviation that might occur against the initial purchase request done.
- A university degree in management, procurement, administration, supply chain Management or related studies
- Excellent written and oral English Language skills
- A thorough understanding of logistics and procurements concepts and procedures preferably for NGOs
- Good grasp of project management disciplines to support successful outcomes
- Proven 5 years’ successful experience in logistics and procurement
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrable ability to manage different tasks at the same time
- Experience in managing goods delivery chain, risks management and value for money
- Experience with enterprise resources planning systems such as Agresso, SAP, …
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Procurement and logistics skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Proficient in computer skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including three referees and the expected salary to [email protected] with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before 8th December 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note that the recruitment for this position will depend on the availability of funds
Education Development Trust and its consortium partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.