Job at FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry): Health and Education Officer (2 Positions) (Deadline: 07 December 2017)
FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA
(Food for the Hungry)
P.O.BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor Remera, Kisimenti
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a vision “All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a mission “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.”
- HEALTH AND EDUCATION OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Health and Education Officer” (2 positions) to work in the following cluster areas: Mwendo sector in Ruhango district, and Nyarubaka sector in Kamonyi (1 per cluster).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Ensure quality standards and technical quality design
- Develop and support implementation of appropriate health and education intervention activities
- Ensure that all FH Education and Health sector interventions are well aligned to the Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and Ministry of Health (MOH) recommended standards and designs respectively
- Analyze the needs of the beneficiary population in terms of health and education andmake recommendations
- Design and ensure effective promotion of appropriate health (hygiene and sanitation messages) and nutrition messages through cascade groups and balance diet preparation forums
Key result # 2 –Training, Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct awareness on value of education andimproved hygiene and sanitation to parents, households and general public
- Facilitate trainings on health and value for education activities.
- Participate in designing and implementing surveys and assessments related to the field of health and quality education
- Compile success stories for supporting resource mobilization, communications and fundraising campaigns.
- Prepare various reports in line with the reporting schedule, including reports on progress of activities.
Key Result #3 Collaboration and networking
- Coordinate with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and other relevant Government Offices in the joint implementation ofhealth and quality education at community level
- Identify and maintain contact with key government and other organizations for networking.
- Identify special needs and potential program areas and draft summaries or proposals on the same.
- Represent FH in the Health (including nutrition, water, hygiene and sanitation) and Education sectors in coordination meetings at Sector and district levels.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Ability to write well organized reports and other official correspondences.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Field experience and knowledge in working with rural communities
- Willing to live and work within the sector/cluster
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Degree in Public Health/Nutrition and Dietetics/ Water engineering or equivalent from a reputable institution plus 3 years working in community based programming preferably an NGO setting.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees and day telephone contacts, not later than Thursday, 7thDecember 2017 via email: [email protected] or mailed to FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) P.O. Box 911 Kigali, KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor at Remera, Kisimenti or FH Office in Gatunda Sector, Nyagatare District or FH Office in Muhanga District.
- The CV and the Motivation letter should be attached to the email with the following subject line depending on the position the candidate is applying for: “LIVELIHOODS OFFICER”, or “HEALTH AND EDUCATION OFFICER” or “MULTI-SECTOR FACILITATOR” or “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER, or CLUSTER SPONSORSHIP RELATIONS OFFICER ”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to show originals and provide notarized copies of degree, diploma or certificates. They will also provide copies of testimonials of rendered services from former employers.
Done at Kigali, 22nd November 2017
FH Association Rwanda Management