Job at GASABO :District Urban Planning Engineer (Deadline :12 December 2018 )
Main duties and Responsibilities:
– Elaborate and monitor the implementation of detailed physical plans specific to the urban areas of the District, and produce consolidated reports thereof;
– Prepare, review, update and maintain the District specific Master Plan and ensure its conformity with the City of Kigali Master Plan in order to ensure the compliance of District’s urban planning with applicable policies, laws, regulations and bylaws;
– Gather and analyze data and maps related to community development, urban design, neighborhood conservation, land use planning/redevelopment and closely follow up on technical studies of urban planning and habitat;
– Identify and propose new housing sites and infrastructure needs;
– Develop, in collaboration with other concerned staff, a housing plan specific to the District, both within its urban and rural settlements.
A0 in Architecture, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Building and Construction Technology.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive Knowledge in Urban Planning
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage