Job at GATSIBO DISTRICT:Director of Good Governance Unit00 (Deadline: 03 May 2018)
– Coordinate the planning, resources mobilization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation reporting of the Unit and Sectors on matters related to Good Governance, and instil the practice of knowledge management;
– Coordinate the elaboration and oversee the implementation of actionable strategies or plans meant to localize national policies and District Council’s decisions pertaining to good governance and specific programs;
– Coordinate campaigns meant to raise local population awareness on the importance of good governance and specific programs;
– Coordinate the channelling and follow
– up on population complaints and grievances;
– Coordinate the planning of and monitor Umuganda activities across the District and consolidate Sector’s reports thereof;
– Serve as a member of the District Technical Coordination Committee and advise the institution on matters pertaining to good governance and specific programs.
A0 in Political Sciences, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Management, Governance, Local Government Studies, Social work, Sociology, Philosophy with 3 years of working experience; or Master’s Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Management, Governance, Local Government Studies, Social work, Sociology, Philosophy with 1 year of working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Central and Local Government Functionality;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making processes;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
– Leadership skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer Literate;
– Coordination, planning and organisational skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;