Job at greenhouse : Head of MBA Learning
Head of MBA Learning
at ALU (View all jobs)
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The ALU School of Business is pioneering a fresh approach to business education in Africa, offering accredited postgraduate degrees, short courses, research and executive education tailored to the needs of a rising Africa. Through innovative teaching methods and learning in real-time, we combine world-class business education with cutting-edge leadership training and the practical experience of doing business in Africa to help individuals develop the skills to succeed as a pan-African business leader. Our vision is to serve as a catalyst for prosperity in Africa by developing world-class African business leaders and entrepreneurs who will make this the African Century.
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
We are looking for someone to be at the helm of the only Pan African and leadership focused MBA program on the continent. In this role, you will have a lot of room to create and run innovative curriculum at a graduate level. We need someone to ensure the candidate experience is distinct, innovative and effective, with a view to ensuring that Africa’s future leaders discover and choose ALUSB. A constant pursuit of excellence is at the heart of this role.
WHAT KIND OF WORK IS EXPECTED?
The Head of MBA Learning is primarily responsible for creating, curating, monitoring and evaluating all learning within the business school. Looking forward to the long-term strategy of the school, the Head of Learning works with professors, content experts, expert practitioners, and the Chief Administrative Officer to design (or support design of) courses, course materials, and assessments. Post-course delivery, the Head of Learning will review courses, student data, and feedback to continuously improve school’s offerings. Part of your role will include managing costs to ensure we stay within budget while rolling out a world-class curriculum. Relationship building skills will be central to this role as you will be required to collaborate with others and bring consensus about what we are teaching and ensure it communicates our ethos of Pan African learning and leadership at the core.
WHAT WILL YOUR DAY TO DAY LOOK LIKE?
No one day is the same at ALU, but the majority of your days will have a big emphasis on the following:
- Creating, iterating, and testing our curriculum
- Conducting focus groups with our ALUSB students and collaborating with different ALUSB teams to ensure we are delivering a world-class MBA Education
- Managing relationships with industry experts who will come into our programme as Guests Faculty.
- Planning the “scope and sequence” of in-person, weeklong ALUSB intensives which occur every 4 months. Mixing in guest speakers, faculty-driven, and experiential learning sessions, the Head of Learning curates a cohesive experience for 50-75 students at a given time.
- An MBA or MEd
- 5 years experience in curriculum design, assessment, experiential learning and monitoring & evaluation. A Business background is a plus
- Experience working/living in Africa
- Willingness to relocate to Rwanda
- Experience with online education
- The ability to take an idea, test it, learn from it, make the call to ‘use it or lose it’.
- Exposure to startup culture or a group that created a new programs
WHY TAKE THIS JOB?
ALUSB brings together faculty and program from the world’s best business schools, leadership training developed and tested for nearly a decade by some of the greatest leaders on the continent, and some of the most accomplished African executives teaching real challenges that they, themselves, have had to manage. Joining ALUSB at this stage will give you the opportunity to build a world-class brand and curriculum for our students at a school that is re imagining business education for the African Century.