Job at Ignite Power : Data analyst (Deadline: 15 January 2018)
Position: DATA ANALYST
ABOUT IGNITE POWER RWANDA
Ignite Power is Pan-African developer and financier of safe clean energy solutions, operating in Rwanda. Ignite solutions are targeted to be as affordable as possible and environmentally friendly, providing nation-scale interventions in a sustainable way. In line with scaling up our operations in the country, we are hiring talented Rwanda youths.
The mission of the Business Intelligence Unit is to identify and translate market opportunities into actionable recommendations to achieve individual, team and company revenue and profit targets.
And to support the Customer Service, Sales and Marketing departments in finding new ways to attract new customers, maximize value of existing customers, and retain the most profitable ones.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
- Collect & analyze relevant pieces of customer information.
- Cross-check internal and external information sources.
- Ensure adoption of consistent process/methodologies/source data (modelling, assumptions, use of external data sources, etc.)
- initiate and coordinate Ignite collection activities
- Integrate internal / external customer level data to measure / track customer value and buying behaviour (Eg frequency and SLA)
- Proactively identify actions to capture value (i.e. retain, develop and acquire)
- Establish intuitive reporting methodologies, perform ad-hoc market analysis as required to support strategy and analyze performance – to allow management to drive sales force activities and to maximize revenue opportunities via detailed customer knowledge.
- Liaise between Sales and Marketing, as a central coordination function, to ensure sales agent activity is directed towards areas of maximum profitable revenue
- Continuously produce actionable information for, Call Centre, Sales & Marketing departments
- Customer/market orientated
- Numerate, analytical, high attention to detail, able to prioritize
- Ability to combine strong analytical skills with business knowledge
- Excellence in planning and execution
- Ability to develop and evolve long-term strategies while driving tactical projects.
- Strong experience in Business Processes for Solar power.
- Skills in managing personnel and contributing towards the development of department strategy
- Independent thinker who can offer solution to complex situations
- Adapts readily to change in routine
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Works effectively in pressured situations
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Reliable and dependable
- Maintains productivity
- Requires minimal supervision
- Builds solid, effective working relationships with others within a team environment
- Listens attentively to others
- Works independently or collectively develop ideas and lead or contribute to initiatives that will support the attainment of revenue and / or attainment of market share.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in IT degree required.
- IT industry knowledge preferred.
- SSPS Knowledge.
- MySQL and Microsoft skills required.
- Any BI Warehouse will be a plus.
- Excellent Excel, Word and Outlook (programming languages desired.
- Data analysis experience.
- Developed negotiation and communication skills
- Developed management and leadership skills
- Exceptional service and results orientation
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].The end date for receiving resumes and cover letters is January 15th, 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted