Job at Liquid Telecommunications Rwanda : Billing Engineer (Deadline: 27 October 2017)
About the Company
Liquid Telecommunications Rwanda (Liquid Telecom) is an established wholesale and enterprise connectivity operator in Africa; which has built strong reputation in the east and southern Africa region as a high – quality, value for money wholesale fibre network operator. Liquid Telecom is literally a groundbreaking company, which is laying fibre all over Africa, building the largest independent fibre network on the continent, crossing borders where no fixed network existed before.
Liquid Telecom is a fast paced and stimulating environment to work in and we offer great career paths for motivated and skilled individuals with the right attitude. If you think you have got the skills and experience to work in one of the fastest growing markets where constant change, technology innovation and rapid growth targets are the norm then, we would like to hear from you.
Liquid Telecom Rwanda wishes to encourage all qualified, capable and interested candidates to apply for the following position;
A. Purpose of the Position:
The position exists to provide technical support for the Billing System as well as to provide accounting and any necessary information to accounting personnel and clients so as to maintain a high standard of excellence. The engineer should ensure 100% availability of the billing system and implement routine tasks and procedures to improve the billing system performance.
B. Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Perform monthly bill run;
- Perform Pre-bill run/Test bill run check as per laid down procedure;
- Ensure correct price/tariff configuration, rate analysis for the processed invoices related to LTR services;
- Ensure that each customer charges with an active service is rated and invoiced on regular basis;
- Ensure that collection and processing of CDRs from the network elements is successfully done;
- Open new accounts to establish new relationships to ensure that the accounts are operational
- Give a client all requirements to open an account by requesting for their credentials for record purposes and for future references
- Enter their details into the Prism system and create an account for the client to receive services from Liquid Telecom/Hai Rwanda
- Ensure customer database is uptodate with all billing and service related information
- Assist clients to explain their bills when a client has billing queries to ensure that billing procedures are transparent
- Monitoring and guarantee the performance integrity and quality of billing application;
- Create and manage users’ access permissions and privileges of billing system as required;
- Carry out a regular data reconciliation to detect discrepancies between Technical data and Billing records;
- Providing reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- Managing and monitoring the credit control schemes.
C. Key Skills required:
- Strong DBM skills
- Knwoledge of basic accounting essential
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Responsible and Team player
- Customer focused (Internal & External)
- Good stress management skills
D. Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Telecoms or equivalent
- Certified in DB, Oracle and My SQL
- Financial certification an added advantage
3-5 years experience working in similar environment.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are required to submit their application letters, photocopies of degrees together with the CV to the reception of Liquid Telecom Rwanda Office at Kiyovu, KN 30st no later than 27th October 2017 at 3:00pm.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 19th October 2017
The Management of Liquid Telecom Rwanda