Job at LODA : MIS Network and System Administrator Specialist (Deadline: 11 January 2018)
– Total ownership of networks, from architecture, design, and documentation through deployment and maintenance
– Design, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot wide area networks using a variety of network equipment, software and protocols including network routers, wide area network protocols
– Design, install and configure security infrastructure as well as NMS(Network Management System)/Monitoring tools
– Create and enforce network infrastructure policies and procedures
– Assess, design, build and support storage and Virtual Infrastructures including server and other storage platforms
– Identification and analysis of potential security vulnerabilities.
– Providing Intrusion Detection / Prevention services and data security audits / assessments.
– Identifying and driving longer term of application and process improvements.
– Providing technical guidance and security features to development teams.
– Perform a wide range of system administration duties on MIS database, application, and other servers including install, debug, maintain, upgrade, and general support.
– Install and configure server operating systems
– Create user domain and set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
– Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the server infrastructure.
– Proactive monitoring of all servers, applications and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability
– Trouble shoot problems with network and security infrastructure , including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary
– Do technical risk assessment.
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Business Information Technology with 3 years of working experience ; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are added advantages or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Business Information Technology.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Ability to research and analyse technology problems, issues, and program requirements.
– Strong skill level with firewall design, implementation and rule sets
– Experience with common routing protocols
– Knowledge of network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and VPN
– High Analytical & Complex Problem Solving Skills;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Effective communication skills;