Job at Ministry of Education : Primary and Pre- Primary Education Specialist (Deadline: 14 March 2018)
• Develop the overall framework of the monitoring and evaluation activities; clarify the responsibilities and prepare the work plan and the detailed budget for the monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Provide guidance and technical support on the work of the establishment of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks in Policy, Monitoring & Evaluation Unit.
• Guide and coordinate the review of program log frames including: providing technical advice for the revision of performance indicators
– ensuring that realistic intermediate and end
– program targets are defined
– conducting a baseline study on monitoring and evaluation for the entire commerce sector
– identifying sources of data, collection methods and resources needed and related cost.
• Establish close collaboration with affiliated Institutions to MINEDUC and Private Non
– Profit Organizations and Development Partners to ensure smooth establishment of monitoring and evaluation Framework
• Review and provide feedback to the supervisor on the quality of methodologies established to collect monitoring data, document and the protocols that are in place for the collection and aggregation of the data.
• Design an appropriate data collection tool for the monitoring and evaluation of planned activities in Primary Education.
• Undertake regular visits to the fields to monitor & evaluate the implementation of the educational activities and programs in primary education
• Work with partners to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data in Monitoring and Evaluation to allow the detection of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services.
• Produce Monthly or quarterly and Annual Monitoring and Evaluation reports highlighting problems, causes and specific recommendations that will guide decision making for smooth program implementation.
• Check that monitoring findings are discussed in the management meeting and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action.
• Identify the need and develop the TORs for specific monitoring and evaluation activities and baseline survey
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration with 3 years working Relevant experience; or Master’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Education Sector;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making and legislative processes;
– Knowledge of the Education sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong Leadership skills;
– Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units;
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes;
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients;
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.