Job at MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT: DIRECTOR OF PLANNING UNIT (Deadline :12 September /2018 )
Coordinate the processes of policy formulation and strategic planning of the Ministry
• Provide guidance in the activities of planning for Ministry and partners
• Lead the establishment of Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Ministry and affiliated institutions
• Oversee the activities of Monitoring and evaluation of policies, strategies and programs.
• Support the development and implementation of policies, procedures and methodologies consistent with monitoring of implementation and methods of evaluation on matters relating to the program.
• Support the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the strategic plans.
• Coordinate the activity to design/enhancement of data collection tools.
• Coordinate the results based management planning and reporting process.
• Coordinate the ICT activities Networking and maintenance of MOE
• Assist in developing draft work plans and other planning, Monitoring and Evaluation instruments.
• Assist in enhancing an integrated process of planning, programming, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation. Research analysis and present information gathered from diverse sources.
• Assist in the coordination of evaluations (internal and external) including drafting Terms of Reference, liaising with regional offices and partners, and independent experts.
A0 in Economics,Management, Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’ or Equivalent in Economics, Management, Development Studies, Project Management with 1 year of working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of results based management, logical
framework approach, strategic planning processes and tools;
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s Public service and labour Sector Policies and Strategies;
– Knowledge of drafting Action Plans and Operational Plans;
– Knowledge to conduct policy and analysis and draft proposals;
– Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts, systems and tools;
– Computer Skills;
– Leadership Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical & Complex Problem Solving Skills;
– Judgment & Decission Making Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage