JOB AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : ENR/RBM&E SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR : ( Deadline : 02 August 2019 )
• Review and Audit the ENR RBM&E System for system improvement (resolve potential identified problems).
• Update features and capabilities of the ENR RBM&E System
• Work with MoE M&E, ICT teams to review Indicators, Meta data and data values in the system
• Review and redesign where necessary Subsector datasets to reflect revisions generated from both national and district level users
• Integrate geographical coordinates for tracking activities related to water catchment indicators, forestry indicators and other indicators as relevant
• Implement Security protocols including SSL certificate for the application.
• Work with MoE staff to implement a standard application backup mechanism to ensure the safety of the system.
• Build the capacities of the Sector ICT Staff
• Master’s Degree in computer engineering, information and communication technology, electronics and Telecommunication engineering. Certified in A+N+Linux+ and MCITP or MCSE, MCSA is required; Certification in CCNA and Server is an added advantage
• Or a Bachelor’s Degree with an experience of 5 years in the above fields
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Knowledge of Rwanda’s ICT policies and strategies;
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
• Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, Including applications and programming;
• Interpersonal Skills;
• Communication skills
• Negotiation Skills;
• Solving skills;
• Analytical skills;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage