Job at MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT: Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Specialist (Contract) (Deadline: 28 November 2018 )
III. • Manage the planning and delivery of the centralized and integrated CRVS system
• Manage permanent and/or ad hoc teams to ensure project outcomes are achieved, including CRVS IT Business Analyst, CRVS Architect and CRVS Operations Coordinator.
• Develop and implement project management plans by facilitating the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary to ensure the success of the project.
• Management and supervision of suppliers, contractors, solutions providers and various implementation partners
• Regularly communicate with key stakeholders to ensure project outcomes are met.
• Monthly Progress Report to the SPIU Coordinator with copy to NIDA Director General. The report should highlight planned activities for the month, activities undertaken during the month, reasons for failing to attain any planned activities not undertaken, constraints encountered, and recommendations for improvement and planned activities for the coming month. The monthly report must be submitted by the 5th day of the following month.
• End of Assignment Report [EAR] to the NIDA Director General and the SPIU Coordinator (MINALOC).
• Finally, any other reports as may be required from time to time by NIDA Director General and the CRVS Specialist (MINALOC).
• During the course of the assignment and in line with the Government of Rwanda requirements to ensure transfer of sustainable capacity from all technical assistance, the CRVS Specialist (NIDA) shall work closely with NIDA counterpart staff to ensure transfer of knowledge so that in future years, the work of the CRVS Specialist (NIDA) can be conducted internally without outsourcing international technical assistance
V. • A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5+ years of IT project management or technical lead experience in implementing sizeable enterprise IT systems, software or applications; candidate should demonstrate at least two successfully implemented national IT projects
• Certification in two or more of the following areas: MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle, SAP
• PM certification or related IT Project Management Certificate is an added advantage
• Core IT skills: Business Analysis Senior, IT Project Management, Systems Architecture, System Design, IT/Technology Infrastructure Design and Planning, Software Development, Database Administration, IT Security Management, IT/Technology Service Operations and Change Management
– motivated, quick and assertive
• Extremely detailed oriented and organized with good time management skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proven leadership experience and ability to work well under pressure in dealing with complexity in dynamic environments.
• Proven ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
• Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
• Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISIO, or other IT Project Management Packages
• Fluent in English language both oral and written