job at MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY: IT expert (Deadline 31/Mar/2018).
– Support MINICOM through IT department to play its role and implement its mandate in the sector with regard to the “digitalization” of the sector.
– Support the development of an actionable plans and appropriate coordination for their implementation for the digitisation of the trade and industry sector
– Support in coordination of finalization of the ICT4COM strategy of MINICOM on the basis of the existing draft.
– As part of this finalisation a situational analysis of ICT in the trade and industry sector as well as within MINICOM has to be conducted.
– Support the department in implementation of ICT strategies relevant for the trade and industry sector with clear connection to the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (SRMP, Existing and approved sector sub
– plans under SRMP; the Draft ICT4COM Strategy, the Private Sector Development Strategy (PSDS; the revised National Export Strategy (NES
– II, the Domestic Market Recapturing Strategy (DMRS; MINICOM Five Year Strategic Plan (2016
– 2020); RDB Five Year Strategic Plan (2016
– 2020) and other documents deemed relevant.
– Support the review of current ICT services, applications and infrastructure in the trade and industry sector.
– Support the mapping out of all government services offered to the public in the trade and industry sector and assesses their current level of digitisation as well as major constraints (overlapping, duplication, synergies).
– Propose potential areas for harmonization where systems are overlapping to improve efficiency
– Support and provide advisory services to informing MINICOM IT Strategy and support in the drafting of roles of that IT committee.
– At least hold a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering ICT systems, ICT infrastructure or development; further education is a strong advantage
– 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing ICT systems for public institutions, or equivalent experience within a large private sector firm
– Proven experience of working in East Africa and the political and legislative environment
– Proven experience in developing implementation plans for large organisations’ ICT systems
– Proven experience in analysing and drafting ICT strategies for large public or private organisations
– Detailed knowledge of the level of ICT development in Rwanda and the region, including key constraints for using ICT as enabling trade and private sector development
– Strong communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to non
– expert audiences, both orally and in writing
– Ability to work independently, and to deliver complex assignments under time pressure
– Previous experience in developing sector ICT strategies in Rwanda or East Africa region
– Previous experience delivering ICT implementation in public organisations in in Rwanda or East Africa region