Job at Ministry of Youth: ICT Officer (Under Contract) (Deadline: 27 February 2018)
The ICT Officer is responsible of:
– Developing user requirements and specifications for software and IT equipment;
– Carrying out Business and Data analysis in ICT sector;
– Providing basic ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance;
– Working with software/hardware suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions;
– Testing and Review of products and solutions;
– Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage;
– Network services such as TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS;
– Support the development and configuration of databases;
– Maintain databases and other information systems;
– Record, analyse and resolve basic incidents and problems related to ICT Solutions;
– Monitor and maintain performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required;
– Provide various training in ICT for Youth;
– Carrying out any other relevant tasks assigned by the Ministry authorities.
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or A1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (NET), LAMP / WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems;
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products;
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards;
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software.