Job at National Bank of Rwanda (BNR) :Director, Banks Supervision (Deadline: 03 August 2018)
The Director, Bank Supervision is responsible for ensuring a sound and stable banking sector mainly by putting in place an adequate regulatory framework, licensing new applicants into the sector and monitoring the banks’ activities through off-site and on-site examinations
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development of the department’s long and short term strategic and operational plans and policies;
- Prepare workload and budget estimates for the department and responsible for cost control and the delivery of the department’s business/financial targets;
- Responsible for human resource management including capacity building of the department’s staff, ensuring motivation and morale levels are high and effective performance management and development;
- Steer the identification and analysis of stability of the banking sub-sector and research for potential threats and weaknesses in the sub-sector and the financial sector at large;
- Formulate legal and regulatory framework for the banking sector;
- Provide professional advice on banking financial policy and procedures to improve banks’ efficiency and profitability;
- Guide the implementation of risk based supervision of banks;
- Enforce the use of technology in supervisory process to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Ensure that adequate supervisory tools for supervision of banks’ activities are in place;
- Oversee the process of licensing of banks;
- Oversee handling of correspondence with the banks and other stakeholders;
- Ensure that the necessary reports, internal updates, situation reports and budgets are reviewed and submitted within the defined time frames and requirements;
- Monitor banks’ activities through off-site analysis and on-site inspections and discuss the findings of the examinations with banks;
- Develop relationships with key external and internal stakeholders; and
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field; and relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, LIMA, CFA, CIB or other related professional qualification
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a similar role in banking, external audit or other related fields notably financial reporting, risk management, compliance, internal audit ; of which at least two (2) years should be in a senior managerial capacity;
Skills and competencies required
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Ability to facilitate and maintain positive stakeholder relationships, good planning and organisation skills.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate breakthrough solutions;
- Ability to constantly deliver quality and value;
- Strong customer focus
- Strong strategic orientation;
- Strong work process orientation;
- Change management and implementation skills; and
- Ability to utilize capacity and resources in an effective manner.
Maximum Age: 45 years
Candidates interested in the above vacant position are required to complete the online application form available on BNR website; www.bnr.rw/careers. The completed BNR Job Application form together with copies of the required degrees, certificates and national identity card should be submitted to: [email protected] for candidates interested in the position of Director, Banks Supervision.
Deadline for Application 3rd August 2018, before 17:00 pm