Job at NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR CHILDREN : Child Adoption and orphans Officer (Deadline: 21 November 2018 )
• Contribute to the identification of key priorities for the unit;
• Participate in the preparation of the budget for approved key priorities of the unit;
• Collect and update data on the situation of Children in alternative care including children adopted;
• Receive, analyze application files for inter country adoption and duly provide feedback to the applicants;
• Receive, analyze applications files for national full adoption and duly provide feedback to the applicants;
• Prepare campaigns for public awareness on the legal and policy framework regarding children adoption and other alternative care options;
• Provide regular guidance to stakeholders working in the field of alternative care options including adoption;
• Prepare and submit timely activity plans and periodic reports to the Director of the unit;
• Carry out any other assignment attributed by his/her supervisor.
University degree in Law; Education Sciences, Psychology, Sociology and Social Work. Having a Master’s degree in the same fields will be an added advantage.
Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and French is required.
Skills and Competencies
• Good oral and writing skills, presentation skills, negotiations skills, interactive and interpersonal communication skills;
• A flexible approach to work with a willingness to achieve results and strengthen capacities in case of technical capacity shortfalls;
• Working with Government Officials at national and district levels as well as in partnership;
• Drive for results and willingness to learn