Job at One Acre Fund: ICT Officer (Deadline: 05 June 2017)
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Function: IT Operations
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: ICT Officer
Deadline: June 05th, 2017
Job Location: Rubengera,Karongi
Who We Are
One Acre Fund, known as TUBURA in Rwanda, is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In nine years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve more than 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for an ICT Officer to start as soon as possible.
Your work with Tubura will affect the lives of thousands of families of farmers / cultivators. Working with the ITO Dept will ensure that Tubura can operate effectively and continue to grow. To succeed you must communicate with weekly updates and reports. Your role is to help Tubura ITO to maintain all IT equipment and support Tubura staff needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ITO staff face a number of responsibilities at Tubura. Meetings with your Manager, training, documentation, and guidance from other ITO staff you help you to become familiar with these areas.
- Provide hardware technical support – Laptops, tablets
- Provide software technical support – Windows, and all applications
- Keep track of problems and repairs – Log all tasks performed and provide this for check-ins
- OS maintenance on user computers – Quarterly checkup on all Tubura laptops
- Detail ITO Support processes – Create ITO documentation for Tubura ITO and Tubura users
- Basic ITO projects – Assist with special projects as needed
- Update inventory list of Tubura ITO equipment – Laptops, tablets, other
- Liaison between the ITO Manager and the Tubura staff
- Education: IT/ICT Diploma, Bachelor`s in computer science
- Working experience: 4+ years working in ICT field
- Additional IT expertise in other areas is helpful – mobile devices, basic network knowledge
- Experience with International Org’s a plus
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Preferred Start Date
This role contains fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement.
Health insurance, local taxes, travels allowances.
How to Apply
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.formstack.com/forms/rwanda_job_application_form
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.