Job at One Acre Fund / TUBURA: Agribusiness Manager (Deadline: 25 April 2017)
Job Description: Agribusiness Manager
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Employer: One Acre Fund / TUBURA
Job Location: Kigali (with regular field travel)
Deadline: 25th April 2017
Commitment: 1.5 years
Start date: May 2017
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for an “Agribusiness Manager”.
One Acre Fund – TUBURA has been partnering with Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB) since 2013 to strengthen and implement the national extension model known as ‘’TWIGIRE MUHINZI’’. The Agribusiness Manager will be part of a team pioneering and trialing exciting new initiatives focused on strengthening cooperatives. The manager will be based primarily in Kigali, however the role necessitates regular traveling throughout the country. The Manager will work closely with farmer promoter cooperative members, and cooperative leadership. Key activities include the design and implementation of managerial, leadership and market access trainings of farmer promoters’ cooperatives. In particular, the manager will be responsible for designing, executing and coordinating our cooperative trials, in collaboration with our different departments and teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Capacity building of farmer promoter cooperatives in management, leadership and business development
- Support market access for farmer promoter cooperatives to make viable businesses
- Facilitate individual farmer promoters to join or form cooperatives at sector level
- Strengthen organization and management systems of farmer promoter cooperatives
- Strengthen stakeholder collaboration in the development of farmer promoter cooperatives
- Strengthen coordination, monitoring and evaluation systems of farmers promoter cooperatives
- Assist farmer promoter cooperatives attain accreditation and access to finance
- Design and implement innovative cooperative trials
- Create effective tracking systems to monitor the progress of farmer promoter cooperatives
- Relevant work experience, particularly in managing cooperative development
- Proven ability to design and deliver business development, managerial and leadership training
- Proven experience in project management
- Computer skill literacy (email, internet usage, and all Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable effective organizational skills, analytical abilities and strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, both in-person and over email
- Proactive problem solver and ability to think critically
- Integrity, positive attitude, and friendly demeanor
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and expand technical and project management skills
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
Desired (please highlight in your CV)
- Additional experience working with government, or successful entrepreneurial experience would be a bonus
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in agribusiness, management or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
Please click on this link:
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura HR Hotline: 0785443574 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.