Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty. We are a confederation of 17 Oxfam affiliates working in over 90 countries, all working as one Oxfam on goals that support our shared vision. We want a world where people are valued and treated equally, enjoy their rights as full citizens, and can influence decisions affecting their lives. Oxfam delivers a combination of program interventions and advocacy and influencing activities to drive outcomes through different program thematic areas including humanitarian preparedness and resilience strengthening.
Oxfam was established in Rwanda in the 1960s. Its reputation and expertise in Rwanda puts it in a strong position to take forward a strategy that contributes to its overall vision – a just Rwanda without poverty – and to stage interventions in line with its mission – to ensure that poor men, women and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development.
Oxfam’s Country Strategy (OCS) launched in 2015 for implementation until 2020, identifies thematic areas to attain the set objectives: Humanitarian preparedness and resilience strengthening, Sustainable Livelihoods, Gender justice and Participatory Governance.
Oxfam in Rwanda currently looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable IT Officer who will support the Rwanda Program in numerous capacities.
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of all computer systems in the office as and when applicable, resolving issues electronically while ensuring that all system-based requirements and maintenance of IT systems are in place with support from the regional and global teams.
- Assessment of requirements on purchase of hardware/software for the office, working in close co-ordination with Logistics for technical validation of purchase requests.
- Assist the Business Support Lead in developing an annual budget for costing of IT equipment during the Program budgeting process – this will include providing up-to-date expenditure incurred at the HQ level. To suggest Program-wide specific expenditure for IT to be incorporated into the program’s annual budget processes with consideration for the most cost-effective parameters and quality guaranteed parameters;
- Management and administration of the Local Area Network (LAN), server maintenance, Merak Access points, routers, and switches to ensure high availability of systems;
- Effective data management of the office server, including disaster recovery that ensures data is backed up and restoration tested regularly to safeguard business continuity.
- Organize and conduct formal staff induction and build users’ capacity on recommended IS practices and offer specific application skills training as required.
- Support program in implementing and maintaining applications that assist them in their day to day work while ensuring that all software and hardware installed in the Rwanda Program offices comply with OGB IS policies and global standards.
- Administration and maintenance of the of the Network Integrated and Unified Communication system in the Kigali office.
- Country focal point for systems upgrade, software installation, updates and maintenance, global project roll outs, and all other IT related issues including ICT4D in Rwanda Country Program
- Be responsible for submitting monthly reports to the IS Service Manager on I.T issues in Rwanda Program
- Effective management of the Rwanda Service Now stack aimed at ensuring that requests and incidents reported by users are resolved within the laid-out Service Level Agreement thresholds.
- Working with, management and evaluation of external IT suppliers and contracts to ensure that the Program is getting value for money for all goods and services procured.
- Configuration Management (detailed recording and updating information on the enterprises’ computer systems including hardware and software).
Skills and competence:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and professional training on computers, with knowledge on Local Area Networks, servers (basic hardware and software).
- 3 years’ experience in IT Support, troubleshooting, LAN and WAN administration
- Technically competent and proven experience in IT workflows.
- Experience and competence in development and implementation of computerized systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Use of initiative in problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to appreciate and follow Oxfam policies and (technical) procedures to do the job.
- Suggests new ways to improve IT-based work processes.
- Contribute to team building.
- User-oriented approach in the performance of duties.
- Take own initiative, be able to work under minimum supervision and be willing to work under pressure.
- Agree and abide with Oxfam’s values and code of conduct.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies. Capacity to understand and accept gender and diversity issues into office management.