OxfamJob at Oxfam Rwanda: Assistant Program Coordinator (Deadline: 12 December 2017)
’s vision is a just world without poverty. We are a confederation of 17 Oxfam affiliates working in over 90 countries, all working as one Oxfam on goals that support our shared vision. We want a world where people are valued and treated equally, enjoy their rights as full citizens, and can influence decisions affecting their lives.
Oxfam was established in Rwanda in the 1960s. Its reputation and expertise in Rwanda puts it in a strong position to take forward a strategy that contributes to its overall vision – a just Rwanda without poverty – and to stage interventions in line with its mission – to ensure that poor men, women and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development.
Oxfam’s Country Strategy (OCS) launched in 2015 for implementation until 2020, identifies four key pillar programmes to attain the set objectives: Humanitarian response and preparedness, Sustainable Livelihood, Participatory Governance and Gender Justice.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Rwandan national for the position of:
Assistant Program Coordinator
Location : Based in Kigali – with travels countrywide
Salary : Competitive
Duration : One year renewable
Availability : Immediately
Level : National D2
Job purpose:To support the programme team and the Thematic Managers in implementing of programmatic activities under One program approach with specific remit in Strengthening Claiming Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights(CSRHR), Project Direct and Pineapple Value Chain Development Project (PVP).
- Provide support in day to day implementation of projects;
- Participate in meetings, training sessions, conferences and public promotion of projects;
- Develop implementation plans and support in the preparation of budgets and related delivery reports.
- Draft terms of reference for national and international consultants or expert institutions as per programmes implementation plans; collection and drafting of relevant contract documentation;
- Support Oxfam teams in the organization of key advocacy/awareness raising events surrounding international days;
- Ability to perform broad range of tasks and activities aimed at ensuring effective implementation of programmes;
- to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with programme staff and stakeholders;
- Ability to perform a variety of standards and work processes that are fully documented, researched and reported
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems also able to provide input to different processes.
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations
Required skills and experience
- University degree (Bachelors) in social studies, management, political studies or similar is considered as advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant programme experience.
- Experience in supporting complex projects/processes that include extensive communication, coordination and facilitation;
- Experience with preparing summaries and reports as well as organizing events and trainings;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet packages;
- Prior experience with International NGOs will be considered an advantage.
- English, French and Kinyarwanda is required.
Skills and competence:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agri-Business, Economics, Business management or related field from a recognised university;
- One to two years of work experience, with at least one year experience working with development institutions or International NGOs would be an added advantage;
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team;
- Being able to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- Minimum exposure and understanding of concepts related to the role of private sector in Agriculture, enterprise development processes, poverty eradication, and value chains promotion.
- Capacity to work in the Rwandan context while understanding the different dimensions of its diversity and cultural sensitivities;
- An ability and willingness to work towards deadlines, in a inclusive manner;
- Demonstrable capability to communicate (writing and speaking) effectively in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must;
- Have minimum knowledge of dynamics in dealing with Gender and girls’ promotion related issues in within the Rwandan context;
- Willing to travel in rural areas and up-country sites of Rwanda on an average of 60% of the time.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications including recent curriculum vitae (CV) with contact details (phone and email address) of your most recent line manager as part of your referees
and motivation letter to: email@example.com. The closing date for this vacancy is 12thDecember 2017
N.B: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.