Job at RAB: Laboratory Technician in SAZD (contractual) (Deadline: 17 November 2017)Job
– Implementing laboratory protocols to produce reliable and accurate data to support scientific investigations;
– Participating in data collection, analysis, interpretation and timely reporting of research results;
– Ensure quality of the standard operating procedures in a laboratory, including safety;
– Demonstrating the practices or procedures or research being carried out in that laboratory to students and visitors;
– Assisting researchers in their regular research activities in the laboratory;
– Training students, interns and new scientists on laboratory techniques and practices;
– Filling and keeping daily laboratory records;
– Maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment;
– Promptly reporting unusual observations within laboratory;
– Providing monthly written technical reports.
Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology or Plant protection; Chemistry or Biochemistry or Master’s Degree in above mentioned field.
Excellent laboratory record keeping skills; Ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems; Excellent skills in general laboratory management; Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at such laboratories as above; Flexibility in order to work with and provide support to a number of different people; Excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all departments of the organization and to explain complex techniques to interested parties; Teamwork skills; Demonstrated planning and analytical skills; Good command of English or French; knowing both would be an added advantage.