Job at RDB : Strategic Advisor to Chief Operating Officer (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide strategic advice to the COO
2. Support COO to manage strategic partnerships
3. Coordinate information flows, planning, work allocation and reporting in the COO’s Office across different units
4. Monitor progress and ensure timely delivery on projects and tasks of the COO’s office across different units
5. Lead on delivering certain projects and tasks of the COO’s office
6. Represent the COO at meetings and respond to correspondence on COO’s behalf
7. Review and quality control of briefings and reports going to COO
8. Initiate, design and implement new systems and processes in the COO’s office
9. Assist the COO in any task for which help is required
10. Liaise with the RDB’s administration and external stakeholders to collect and analyse/classify information to report to COO.
11. Communicate COO’s decisions and monitor their implementation.
12. Manage the COO’s calendar and assist in the organization of meeting and events.
13. Works closely with the COO in support of issues that require specific follow
– up and handles special tasks as assigned by the COO.
14. Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by hierarchical supervisor
administration, public policy, economic policy or other related subjects.
2. 10 years of working experience in relevant areas, of which 5 years should have been in a senior management position.
3. 5 years of working experience in communications related areas.
4. Excellent quantitative, economic analysis skills
5. First rate policy and strategy development skills
6. Management experience at senior level
7. A strong understanding of the drivers of economic growth and investment in emerging markets as well as an appreciation of the wider context for business and its relation to the Government
8. Experience in private sector strategy consulting and/or direct policy advice to governments highly desirable
9. Strong management skills and able to confidently work with senior public officials and private sector leaders
10. Excellent business writing and presentation skills and verbal communication skills (in English)
11. Delivery focused, pragmatic, able to multi
– task and get things done in a fast paced environment
12. Professional, detail orientated with high standards
13. Excellent team work, leadership and coaching skills
14. Proficiency in both written and spoken English language and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage