Job at RISA : Internet of Things Development Specialist (Deadline: 01 November 2018)
– Conduct reasearch and development in the Internet of things (IoT) field to develop concepts, strategies, prototypes, products and solutions
– Understand market expectations, competition and positioning to guide the R&D process
– Establish research project goals and priorities
– Advise and recommend straregies for the successful adoption of IoT
– Develop concepts, products, prototypes and solutions by working with relevant stakeholders in the academia, industry and startup Ecosystem.
– Ensure knowledge transfer of new technologies, products and services into and out of company.
– Research, design and evaluate systems, processes and equipment in the relevant field
– Suggest training tools to enhance capacity building and skill development.
– Monitor research metrics and objectives to ensure meeting of goals.
– Document all phases of research and development.
Investigate any new developments or innovation in IoT field.
– Liase with different stakeholders and players in the IoT field both within and outside Rwanda
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years working experience or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering . Previous working experience and industry certifications in IoT field is considered an adeed advantage
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
– Good analytical skills and problem solving techniques
– Proficient in computer networks and Internet technologies
– Proficient in hardware, software systems, computer programming, embedded systems and information security
– Proven experice of successfuly conducting a research project in a relevant field
– Demonstrated ability to convert high
– level customer needs into a technical development strategy
– Good understanding of sensor networks, and wireless communication protocols such as WiFi, Zigbee, BLE, Wireless Hart, RFID, LoRA, Cellular, Sigfox
– Good command of oral language skills and writing ability in all stages of the implementation or research topics
– Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems.