Job at RWAMREC: 16 Positions available (Deadline: 24 April 2017)
Rwanda Men’s Resource Centre (RWAMREC) is a non-government organization that aims to promote positive masculinities and engage men and boys in ending sexual and gender-based violence thus enhance good gender relationships and promote healthy families in Rwanda.
On implementation of a six months Community Based Violence Prevention Project that aims at empowering various community members in 4 Districts in Eastern Provence (Gatsibo, Nyagatare, Ngoma and Kirehe) to become Agents of Change to prevent Gender Based Violence (GBV) and respect of Women’s Rights. RWAMREC would like to solicit applications from qualified trainers in gender field. The applicant should be dynamic and highly motivated Rwandan candidates with high moral character and professional integrity to fill the following position on six months fixed term contract:
Field Officers/Trainers (16)
- Participating in planning, coordination and implementation of the project field work in the allocated District,
- Participate in conducting situational analysis in collaboration with the existing stakeholders to determine the training needs in gender field with the MenEngage focus,
- Train and supervise trainees during community training activities on the ground,
- Participate in identifying trainees and organize approach for training activities,
- Participate in adaptation and utilization of the training module,
- Take lead in organizing, and supervising trainings,
- Provide backstopping to the training activities in respective sectors,
- Monitor the creation of free spaces for mutual support / influence to challenge the normative male behaviors and gain women’s support in the change journey,
- Participate in monitoring sessions/meetings and provide regular feedback to RWAMREC about field activities, and participate in coordination meetings at community and national levels,
- Participate in the project impact evaluation work and subsequent follow up on phases,
- Make periodic reports on mainstreaming male engagement activities in the project,
- Work within an agreed work plan and conditions, and take lead in meeting project targets,
- Liaise and coordinate with district authorities to ensure project interventions are aligns with district priorities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in training on gender field.
- Demonstrated capacity in community mobilization
- Varied experience in developing learning materials and delivering trainings and other capacity building initiatives.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations both as a team member and ability to establish priorities and work plan.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in communities.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated commitment to participatory approaches.
- Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English and or French.
- Ability to use computer to access information and prepares reports.
- Willingness to be based in one of the districts of project intervention.
- Possession of a driving permit (Category A) is an added asset.
Desirable to all posts:
Flexibility and ability to perform any other task that is in his/her capacity and in line with RWAMREC work as may be required by the RWAMREC management.
Candidates must be available and ready to start this project work.
How to apply:
Only hand delivered applications (application letter, updated CV with 3 references, plus a copy of the highest degree certificate and driving licence must be hand delivered to the Executive Secretary of RWAMREC, at Head Office in Kigali at Kimironko not later than Monday 24/04/2017 at 2h00 PM local time. Only short listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted for further recruitment process.