Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director Avian Flu & Other Highly Pathogenic Diseases Unit (Deadline: 26 February 2018)
• Responsible for the coordination, and oversees the implementation of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases surveillance/outbreak response, prevention and control in the country.
• Under this mandate, he is responsible for:
• Supervising sentinel sites to ensure appropriate implementation of surveillance activities and adherence to the protocols, including provision of Feedback.
• Identifying needs and priorities for the influenza program
• Conduct scientific studies and disseminating results and overseeing Influenza Publications Coordinating and ensuring participation in National, Regional and International meetings, conferences and for a on Avian Influenza and Pandemic Influenza prevention, control and Treatment.
• Planning, organizing and implementing intervention Activities in case of Outbreaks of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases.
• Managing (developing and updating) Influenza documentation and other highly pathogenic diseases including reports
• Establish and sustain epidemiological and virological surveillance networks for influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases in Rwanda
• Contribute to data collection, analysis to provide evidence based on disease burden to guide prevention and control measures
• Delivers comprehensive evaluation of direct reports complete with development plans followed up by active coaching; ensures that staff under him/her are evaluated and developed
Medical Doctor (A0 in medicine) or Master degree in Epidemiology/Public health, with a work experience of 3 years in field epidemiology works.