Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER : RBC /SPIU Coordinator (Deadline: 19 November 2018)
Job title: SPIU/RBC Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Director General/RBC
Main objective of the position:
Under supervision of the Deputy Director General of RBC, the SPIU/RBC Coordinator Supervise and coordinate all activities and staff of the SPIU/RBC ensures the overall process of management, coordination and implementation monitoring/evaluation of externally funded and/or internally funded health
– sector programs/projects, supported by the Government of Rwanda, Multi/Bilateral Organizations, Private Sector and Foundations, of which the Ministry of Health (MoH) is the Primary Recipient (PR), and RBC assumes the responsibility of overall implementation.
? Participate in formulation of new projects’ proposals by working closely with MoH Units, Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) Divisions, Civil Society organizations and other public sector institutions and hired consultants to ensure that donor
– funded interventions are aligned with the GoR policies and priorities; harmonization of unit costs, avoid duplication of activities, participate in final writing and editing and facilitate flow of information from key informants, etc.;
? Interact on a regular basis with MoH development partners and their project oversight or coordinating mechanisms on grant managerial issues with a view of improving the management of projects and achieving project intended results;
? Participate in the preparation of sub
– recipient institution action plans, budgets and other relevant documents so as to ensure harmonization of activities, unit costs and targets across donors, avoid duplication of activities across projects, alignment with GoR approved rates and local market conditions;
? Assist MoH Units, Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) Divisions, Civil Society organizations and other public sector institutions benefiting from donor
– funded projects in the identification and formulation of project activities; identify areas of weakness in the program implementation, budget disbursement and utilization and formulate key recommendations for the success of the program objectives;
? Ensure that sub
– recipient institutions are implementing funded plans of action/operation plans in accordance with the agreed schedule and timelines, budget,
Disease/Program objectives, Government and donor guidelines, and that all amendments are in compliance with the original proposals.
? Periodically produce required Disease/Program reports (Program Implementation Progress Report, MINECOFIN Report, on
– going progress update and disbursement request, best practice stories, fact sheets, etc.) and ensure that they are submitted to GoR officials, donors and other stakeholders;
? Closely monitor and report on the status of implementation of recommendations formulated from internal and external audits or assessments carried out through OIG, OAG, OSDVs, DQAs or recruited firms/individuals;
? Interact with the Auditor General of the Republic of Rwanda, Local Fund Agency and other DPs’ audit delegates and ensure that all identified weaknesses in project management (programmatic, financial, human resources, procurement, etc.) are corrected and that recommendations are implemented;
? Build the capacity of project implementers through regular orientation meetings, feedback sessions and training on Government and donor policies, procedures and requirements;
? Ensure appropriate responses are provided within deadline to queries and requests done by donors or their project oversight mechanisms in Rwanda for example regarding Global Fund management letters sent to the PR, LFA queries, audit recommendations, etc.
? Attend the Senior management meeting of the RBC and other meetings regarding health sector development projects
? Perform any other task related to the SPIU/RBC management as requested by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Competences
1. Education: Doctor of Medecine ( MD) or Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, is required
2. Prior Work Experience: Demonstrated working experience of at least seven years, with MoH central level institutions, Local Government, multilateral/ bilateral agencies, foundations, academic and private sector institutions such as the Global Fund, the World Bank, UN Family, USAID, GIZ, DFID, US
– CDC, Enabel, BMGF, ADB, European Union, etc. or internationally
– recognized NGOs, will be considered as added value; At least five years of this experience should be in
– country, in the field of management and coordination of large amounts of donor fund portfolios.
3. Language Proficiency: English proficiency is required. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English at a professional level. Proficiency in Kinyarwanda French is an asset.
4. Knowledge: The SPIU Coordinator must have knowledge and understanding of the organization and roles of the different levels of the GoR health system, GoR legislation, and practice relating to development assistance; programming policies, regulations, and documentation; protocols and procedures related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting. A strong working knowledge of external/ international donor project operations, management procedures, policies and practices, especially in the health sector, is required. Good knowledge of donor contacts in the health field (official and non
– governmental) is desired.
5. Skills and Abilities: The SPIU Coordinator must have demonstrated skill and experience in providing leadership, direction, the ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners. The SPIU Coordinator will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity in applying guidelines to unique and different settings. The SPIU Coordinator must be resourceful, have good judgment, and is required a user
– level ability to work with computers and common software programs. Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet tight deadlines is required. Must be able to communicate clearly with a wide range of partners.