Job at RWANDA ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY : Climate change Mitigation Officer( Deadline :16 October 2018 )
Functions and tasks: 1. Coordinate activities related to facilitate efforts to combat climate change mitigation issues at National level and cope with its impacts:
– Facilitate development, implementation and monitoring of climate change mitigation actions through national climate change policy, strategy and plans;
– Develop tools (guidelines, modules,…) of mainstreaming of climate change mitigation issues in all sectors;
– Regularly update climate change mitigation assessment Through National Communications, Biennial update Reports (BUR) and other related reports;
– Coordinate and participate in climate change mitigation research related activities ;
– Follow the implementation of Technology transfer related to climate change mitigation in all sectors;
– Provide technical support for climate change mitigation projects and programs preparation, implementation and monitoring;
– Follow up and/or manage projects and programs related to Climate change mitigation. 2.Facilitate the domestication and implementation of all international climate change mitigation mechanisms, tools and initiatives in the country:
– Follow up the evolution of international regulations, procedures and strategies related to international climate change mitigation mechanisms including Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM), Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMA) projects and inform Key stakeholders;
– Facilitate contacts between carbon credits buyers and Rwanda economic operators and any other contacts which may be useful for CDM projects development;
– Coordinate capacity building of national stakeholders through workshops, seminars and conferences related to international climate change mitigation mechanisms including CDM, NAMA, etc
– Prepare and disseminate international climate change mitigation mechanisms, national strategy and guidelines;
– Coordinate activities related to the approval, validation and registration process for climate change mitigation related projects submitted to national competent authority;
– Coordinate all activities of Rwanda Designated National Authority secretariat.
– Follow up and provide technical input on international negotiation processes related to climate change mitigation.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Development Studies.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Negotiation & influencing skills
– Planning and organisation skills
– Communication, reporting and writing skills
– Interpersonal and team working skills
– Spoken and written English and Swahili skills
– Understanding Rwanda?s environment system
– knowledge in international standards of environment.