JOB AT RWANDA GOVERNANCE BOARD : Procurement Officer : ( Deadline : 17 July 2019 )
FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
1. Prepare the annual Procurement Plan
– Collect information on tenders to be issued in a given Financial year;
– Participate in the planning and budgeting process of the Institution;
– Prepare the procurement plan;
– Submit the procurement plan Management for approval;
– Submit the procurement plan to RPPA and publish on the institution’s website.
2.Execute Procurement Plan
– Follow up on the timely preparation of technical specifications/ToRs ;
– Prepare of tender documents;
– Produce tender notices;
– Distribute tender documents and receive from bidders;
– Open and evaluate bids;
– Prepare notification letter for bidders and recommend contract awards.
3. Ensure proper Contract administration
– Organize and participate in contract negotiation;
– Provide information/support documents for contract drafting to the Legal affairs officer;
– up of contract execution and completion in collaboration with the user department;
– Prepare certificates of completion for suppliers;
– Serve as Secretary to the institution tender committee.
4. Ensure the implementation of procurement laws and regulations
– Produce and submit timely monthly report to RPPA on procurement plan progress;
– Produce procurement report as required by a funding Institution or donor;
– Facilitate Procurement Audit;
– Ensure a proper and safe filling system for procurement information;
– Submit periodical reports to the Secretary General;
– Ensure compliance to procurement laws and regulations (transparency, integrity and equity etc.)
A0 in Procurement, Management, Public Finance, Economics, Law, Accounting.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge required:
– Extensive Knowledge of state procuring and contracting laws and regulations;
– High Analytical Skills;
– Negotiation Skills;
– Knowledge of basic business and purchasing practices;
– Excellent Communication Skills;
– Knowledge of state contracting laws, regulations and procedures;
– Knowledge of grades, qualities, supply and price trends of commodities;
– Time Management Skills;
– Decision making Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and / or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.