Job at Rwanda Law Reform Commission : Advisor to the Chairperson (Deadline: 25 September 2017)
A. Advise the Chairperson:
- Provide strategic advice on monitoring and implementation of sector policies, laws and regulations;
- Provide advice on institutional development for effective achievement of the Institutional mission;
- Contribute to mid and long-term reflection on strategic perspectives of the institution;
- Upon request, liaise with stakeholders in order to ensure coherence, consistency and harmony.
B. Assist the Chairperson in dealing with files:
- Prepare files addressed to the person;
- Analyse, summarise and provide comments and/or advice on contents of dossiers before submitting them;
- Identify priority files and make follow-up on them;Record, handle and classify confidential files;
- Prepare cabinet papers.
C. Prepare and participate in audiences and meetings of the Chairperson:
- Prepare documents that need to be used during meetings and conferences organized by the Chairperson and/or to which he/she participates;
- Write reports of audiences, meetings and conferences held by the Chairperson;
D. Administer the Office of the Chairperson:
- Make sure that schedule for daily and weekly activities of the Chairperson is accurately updated;
- Organise and supervise good filing of the office documents;Supervise handling of correspondences;
- Check at the content and form level (including style and orthography), documents presented for signature;
- Lead and supervise the staff of the Office of the Chairperson.
A0 in law with 5 years of working experience or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Law, with 3 years of working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Deep understanding GovernmentPolicies Implementation;
- Legal Analytical skills;
- Coordination, Planning and Organizational Skills
- Report writing and presentation skills;
- Leadership Skills;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Effective Communication Skills;
- Administrative Skills;
- Time Management Skills;
- Team working Skills;
- Computer Literate;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage