REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
RWANDA MILITARY HOSPITAL
E-mail: [email protected]
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Rwanda Military Hospital (RMH) is planning to recruit civil servants, committed and qualified staff to fill attached vacant posts on its organizational structure. Details on position advertised including terms of reference, required profile and number of positions are obtained from RMH website, www.rwandamilitaryhospital.rw
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to RMH at Kanombe Closed envelopes containing the documents requested will be addressed to the Commandant/RMH and deposited at the Rwanda Military Hospital central secretariat not later than 07th April, 2017 at 5:00 PM:
■ A filled application form obtained from MIFOTRA website,
■ A copy of required degree or diploma and certificates,
■ Copy of National ID
Medical Referral Board Manager
- At least 3 years of experience in healthcare management, referral management, appointment scheduling, and/or insurance verification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Should have a Bachelor of Science in Medical Statistics or Public Health and other related field.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand functions and processes related to healthcare management, including knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, insurance plans and patient referral procedures, ability to resolve issues with upset physicians, patients families, or internal staff and a strong sense of fairness in dealing with personnel at subordinate, peer, and superior levels, the ability to communicate easily and display a cordial manner towards individuals from a variety of socio-economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds, ability to identify and make decisions that serve the best interests of the Community Healthcare Network, uphold sustainable and managerial leadership skills.
- The candidate should be free of any employment in Rwandan territory and should be ready to sign a contract of at least two years with RMH before further studies.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
The important technical and professional skills and knowledge required to do the job well.
– Interpersonal skills
– Good IT skills
– Organizational skills
– Committed to quality
– Customer care spirit
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
– Managerial/Leadership skills
Key success factors:
Behaviors’ and abilities required to achieving the position’s mission and goals.
-Empathy, advocacy & Emotions management
-Respect of patients’ dignity and integrity
-Ability to work under pressure
-Hard work and punctuality
-Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
1. Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety. This tracking may use an IT database.
2. Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
3. Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
4. Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Present necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis. Provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to the hospital and physicians.
5. Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
6. Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system,
financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance).
7. Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families, with patients and families having direct access for asking questions and raising concerns. May assume advocate role on the patient’s behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services for the patient in a timely fashion.
8. Identify and utilize cultural and community resources. Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
9. Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
10. Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone.
11. Ensure that patient’s primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations.
12. Coordinates and provides hands-on supervision of the referral coordinators to manage referral appointment requests from all Hospital
13. Directs all referral department activities including scheduling, staffing and daily
operations as well as administrative duties such as problem resolution and quality assurance monitoring.