JOB AT RWANDA MINES, PETROLEUM AND GAS BOARD : Seismology Station Technician : ( Deadline : 27 February 2019 )
• Setting up adequate Rwanda seismograph array to better study the seismicity of the country.
• Analyzing seismic data and publish bulletins on seismicity for Rwanda.
• Warning the public on imminent strong motion seismic events.
• Regularly update seismic data of the country.
• Organizing seismic archive.
• Tie link with Global seismogram Network and similar organizations.
• To train service staff on data acquisition and analysis
A1 in Geology and/or Applied Sciences, Advanced diploma in mining engineering
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– Knowledge of petroleum ormineral sector;
– Excellent communication skills ;
– Very effective organization skills;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French; knowledge of all is an advantage.