Job at Save the Children: ASRH Officer (Deadline: 27 March 2018)
Rwanda Country Programme, Kigali Rwanda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We work together, with partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children works in thirty districts in Rwanda with a current staff complement of approximately 180 staff.
SC Rwanda Country Office seeks to hire qualified, committed and experienced national staff to fill the following position:
Position: ASRH Officer
Place of work: Kirehe
Reports directly to: Health and Nutrition Manager
Staff directly reporting to this: None
Time Frame: Open ended
Tentative start date: ASAP
Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The ASRH Officer, will work together with the ASRH – HIV/AIDS and TB health team to contribute in the improvement of the Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health for youth living in MAHAMA II Refugee Camp.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSABILITIES:
- Ensure efficient daily management of equipment and material under its responsibility
- Chairing and organizing weekly and monthly meetings insurance service quality
- Prepare schedules rooster in his department
- Check punctuality and discipline of ASRH volunteers
- Manage print necessary for the proper implementation of the activities of the service.
- Manage the stock of service and establish the necessary requisitions for service
- Plan and coordinate IEC health education of the clients.
- Supervise ASRH volunteers working under his authority.
- Do everything else asks by his supervisor at the work
- Respect of values and taboos as being developed in the internal rules and regulations of the hospital
- Participate in elaboration and analysis of annual action plan.
- Participate in the meetings and other activities Planned by institution
- Provide voluntary confidential counselling and testing (VCT) at YFS level.
- Prepare and organize male circumcision of adolescents and young boys
- Provide ASRH services at youth Friendly Space
- Organize and conduct campaigns related to ASRH
- Present once a month the data related to the programs during the coordination meeting
- To organize campaign about male circumcision, STIs, HIV/AIDS prevention and SGBV prevention
- Organize community dialogue meeting with partners, religious and community leaders to introduce ASRH services/ Youth friendly corners and mobilize their support
- Provide Family planning services as per protocols and Rwandan guidelines
- Participate in provision of one to one health education to all adolescents and youth during consultation and services delivery
- Providing health education at the reproductive health at Youth Friendly Space level
- Explain to the FP clients all the methods available and allow them to make personal choices.
- Screening all the FP clients for STI and other medical complications
- Make sure that youth friendly spaces are functional
- To implement the current plan of action and make follow up
- To train adolescent and young people on Reproductive Health
- Carry out implementation mechanisms regarding department quality improvement plan
- Compliance with standards, norms, policy and procedures within his/her department under responsibility
- Be a key person for departmental volunteers and clients orientation
- Set mechanisms for improvement through data analysis of her/his unity
- Other tasks provided by the line manager.
- Reporting timely any challenge related to the further management of the clients
- To carry out Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Always acts in the best interests of children
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A qualified Registered Midwife/Nurse with 2 years’ experience, licensed National Council of Nursing and Midwifery (Rwanda).
- Have a recognized Midwife/Nursep0 working license from the National Council of Nursing
- Excellent liaison abilities and good communication skills (French, Kiswahili and English preferred).
- Willingness to work in resource poor environment and be culturally sensitive.
- Ability to produce basic reports in English
- Ability to work in a remote area
- Excellent liaison abilities and good communication skills (French, Kiswahili and English preferred)
- More than 2 years of experience of working in remote health center will be an added value
- Organisation and hygiene skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, M.S Word, MS Excel, …..
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected]. The deadline for receiving applications is March 27th 2018.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.